Devold of Norway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Haven't found a distributor or mail-order supplier (and I've been looking, off and on, since Jonathan Dorn reviewed the windproof Devold Nansen sweater in "Backpacker" about six years ago), but I have occasionally found odd Devold items in places like Falmouth and Truro. Chandlers are good places to look. Current exchange rates might make it worthwhile hunting on some of the discount American sites - I recall seeing a Devold on www.rei-outlet.com last year - if nothing turns up in the UK.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
graham tissot whom stocks mountaineering clothing /outdoors etc ,sells devold as i have a sweater bought from them.these are very warm ,quality sweaters that seem to last as long as swannies.i am not sure if these stores are in england,but there are a few in scotland ,the largest being the outdoor experience in glasgow.there number should be easily obtainable,if you have any bother let me know and i will get it for you mate.

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Aaaarrghh..... logged into the forum for the first time in some 3 weeks (been away to more warm places :eek:): ), saw that there were some 3300 new posts and then the :***: thing crashed. Now it only says 0 new posts :banghead: :twisted:
Anyone know an easy way to find new posts up to 3 weeks old ? :?:

Anyway, this thread was one of them :roll:
If you ever come to Norway and are more or less in the area where the Devold factory is, then you must go there for a visit. At the factory they sell stuff (at least in summer) with small flaws (and I mean small: I've got a sweather where the flaw was one single darker thread than the other dark threads, and I got it for 60 % less than the ordinary price...) for 20 to 80 % less than the ordinary retail price (30-50 % being about average).

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Thanks all... In fact, my truly wonderful girlfriend has come up trumps and got me a Nansen for christmas. She won't let on where from though :roll:
But, yes, wohoo! It's fantastic - every bit as good as I'd hoped.

Gerd, PM on it's way :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE