Detailed maps enquiry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sycamour

Forager
Dec 10, 2012
south east
Hi, I have a number of shooting permissions, I have in all cases, contacted the Forestry Commission regarding tree felling and scrub clearing, and they have supplied good detailed mapping of the requested areas, allowing me to mark in boundaries and footpaths etc. Hope this is of some help.

bearbait

Doesn't the Woodland Trust have any GIS software? My county wildlife trust does and they use it help manage their reserves, and they're a small trust. If the Woodland Trust does have the software then maybe there's already a map. If they have the GIS software but no map for your reserve maybe you (or a colleague) can get, or use, a copy to make your own map(s) using some of the sources that have been suggested earlier in this thread, together with a reasonable GPS unit? If they don't have the software then you can get freeware GIS software such as MapMaker and Open Source such as QGIS to roll your own.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The Woodland Trust undoubtedly has what I need. Getting it out of them is the issue. Rather than hassle my site manager further (he's a nice guy but very busy) I've decided to just sort it my self. With the excellent ideas on here I don't see there being any real problems.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE