Derbyshire meet 24th-26th January

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
The dates for the next meet is Friday the 24th-26th January This is to be a social meet but there will be plenty of projects taking place for people who would like to lend a hand. Again nothing set in stone as far as the projects go but more work on the wood store is likely, Stuart is working on the site survey, so if anyone would like to be involved with a little amateur nature detective work that'd be great.
If there are any other projects that people would like to suggest and/or skills that people would like to work on please don't hesitate to speak up.

Last edited:

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Rules and regs are pretty simple for this one:
No ground fires apart from the communal fire with out prior consent from Stuart
No cutting down trees, live, dead, or otherwise without asking either Stuart or Matt first.
No airguns/bows/crossbows etc. are to be brought onto site, at all.
Site fees are £5 per Adult attending, that's whether you're there for half a day or the whole weekend. All fees will be going back into future meets.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Please find Stuart to pay him the fees as soon as you arrive please
Other things of note:
There are no toilets on site.
Dogs and kids are welcome on site, but they do need to be kept under control and cleaned up after at all times.
The location will be sent out in a PM after you've added yourself to the list.

Please add name to list if you are coming

Matt
shaggystu TBC
Big Si + ensemble TBC nearer the time
Elines
Ged
Warthogiam + Julia

Last edited:

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Hi everyone, Im might be able to come along on this date, recently moved to buxton. would be cool to meet the midlands lot. Been to quite a few north east meets. II think i sold shaggystu a snugpak item a while back :)

Any info on the site?

thanks

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Any information about the venue?

A several acre mixed woodland, predominantly Larch. There's off-road parking, a Gedtastic firepit, plenty of natural seating, firewood store and plenty of hammock/ground spots to camp and plenty of room.

Just outside of Clay cross at the junction of Press la and Ashover Rd.

I hope to make it but that week is going to be manic before the big winter trip.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Sorry about the delay in getting back
Here is the post code for the meet site
OS 1:50,000 Map 119 Ref SK375644. Nearest postcode S42 6AF.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
When I first went it took me a little while to find the actual entrance, but then I can be a bit/a lot dense sometimes .....

from Clay Cross go to the end of Mill Lane

(the sat nav will probably tell you that the destination is the little housing estate on the left before the end of Mill Lane, well mine did anyway)

At the end of Mill Lane you reach a T junction (where you are on the leg of the T)

Turn left at the T junction

Take the first turn right - ?~50 yards?

And the entrance to the wood is immediately on your right

You will see a notice board inside the gate and a small parking area

(last time I was there ?October, there was also parking further inside the wood)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hi everyone, Im might be able to come along on this date, recently moved to buxton. would be cool to meet the midlands lot. Been to quite a few north east meets. II think i sold shaggystu a snugpak item a while back :)

Any info on the site?

thanks

Would be good to meet up mate, I'm pretty sure I still owe you a pint :)

How're you getting on in Buxton?

Any information about the venue?

Anything specific that's not been covered already Gary? I think Pete more or less covered it.

Would be great to catch up mate, not seen you for over a year :)

The current list:

Matt
shaggystu TBC
Elines
Ged
Warthogiam + Julia
Teepee TBC

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Anybody else coming we don't bite ;)

Matt
shaggystu TBC
Elines
Ged
Warthogiam + Julia
Teepee TBC

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
would love to make it to this one its my birthday on that Sunday but i will be celebrating mine and my nephew's first birthday on the Sunday enjoy.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Anybody else coming along .

Have not had chance to start the toilet unfortunately but will try to get it started.

Matt
shaggystu TBC
Elines
Ged
Warthogiam + Julia
Teepee TBC
Fugitive

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
If you are thinking of coming please check the group site for proposals on cooking arrangements.

Too lengthy to put it all here but essentially I will do Friday evening and hopefully be able to produce something on a new griddle during Saturday but need someone (or someones) to do Saturday evening - and if anyone wants to have a go at Pigeons I can get some (frozen) ones at 25p each

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE