deer in them woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well just got back from a great couple of hours in the woods.Found the deer and managed to get the closest I have ever got, sorry no pic's it was too dark.
Earlier though found a branch which had fallen and wedged between to trees it had been well and truly gnawed.
The walking stick was adjusted to 1.2m

Now I have not really seen bark gnawed by deer but it was pretty high off the ground and I would have thought the teeth marks would be more obvious?

Anyway great couple of hours. Out early doors tomorrow morning for another play!:)
Dave

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
nice one tommy it always good seeing such magic a few of us lads from the Essex group were out in our local woods and spotted two deer standing together Alas not not quick enough with the camera

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I was out for a walk in my local woods with my wife yesterday. We were out for a couple of hours and in that time we saw no less that 14 Roe deer, usually in groups of 3 or 4.:D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I was the same last night with deer.
Stalked up to c. 70 m. of one in a field then had 3 c. 4m away as I rounded a corner.

I would say there is no dearth of Roe or Red deer in the country just now going by the amount i see.

Would that be true? (Haven't looked anything up).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE