DD hammock - where to attach the bug net?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
So I got a DD travel as part of sandbags excellent group buy And tried it the other night In the garden.

question is where do I attack the bug net to? The ridge line of the DD tarp is above the tarp so I can't attach to that without providing a line for rain to drip down.

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
I rig a second line between trees to run tight under tarp then use prussocked carabeeners fom that line to attach to mozzie net.

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
You get poles with the frontline to hold the bug net up, do you not get them with the travel?

Yes you do but you need to tie them to something or you just get a bug net with poles on your face rather than just a bug net

I rig a second line between trees to run tight under tarp then use prussocked carabeeners fom that line to attach to mozzie net.

thanks fellows, you get any problems with water dripping down? is there any advantage to this rather than tying off to the loops on the tarp?

i think I'm over thinking this whole problem really but that's what i do best ;)

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I attach mine to the mini 'biners that are attached to the tensioning prussicks on my tarp.

I've thought of running a 2nd ridgeline under the tarp but haven't got round to it yet as i'm thinking of modding my DD travel to make the midge net self supporting (similar idea to the DD jungle hammock)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I got two lengths of shock cord with my frontline hammock (same as your travel but for a waterproof bottom) i take the shock cord up to the tree straps with a couple of mini crabs for drip stops

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
Hmm ok I'll have a play next time I set up. Dont think I can be arsed setting up a 2nd lower ridge line just to clip the bug net too!

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
If u use dyneema, it is super compact, it takes 30 seconds, the great thing about a second rigde line is u can use the ridgeline ti attach a mini torch, stuff sacks, boots to hang, if u go out in wet weather it is a grwat storage option etc

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE