Dd hammock camping hammock split on side

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil990

Oct 8, 2016
Dorchester
Hello. I brought a dd camping hammock off eBay. A month ago. In a new, never been used condition. So I stupidly didn't check it. On holiday this week in the woods so I thought I would try out the hammock and found a long split on one side of the hammock about 8 inch across the hammock width way not long ways. Has anyone repaired a hammock before. If so what is the best way. Thanks

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hello. I brought a dd camping hammock off eBay. A month ago. In a new, never been used condition. So I stupidly didn't check it. On holiday this week in the woods so I thought I would try out the hammock and found a long split on one side of the hammock about 8 inch across the hammock width way not long ways. Has anyone repaired a hammock before. If so what is the best way. Thanks

Have you left feedback on Ebay yet?

If you haven't then message the seller and if he doesn't play ball raise a dispute with Ebay and Paypal for supplying goods not matching the description

If you have left feedback then it's harder to dispute the transaction.

As for repair a picture would help to see what needs doing but it sounds like you'll need to put a patch on it and sew it in tight.

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
You can always raise a dispute, but if you havent left feedback then you can usually get a replacement more quickly and easily by just messaging the seller; disputes are best left until the seller doesnt behave professionally

Repairing it depends on the matirial, if you have a sewing machine you'll get much better results in terms of strength and longevity.. but getting a replacement is the best option tbh (unless its covered in mud.'then you are pretty much at the mercy of the seller

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
My son's DD camping hammock was damaged by fire and we patched it.

If you look at the North Wood meet pictures from this last weekend you will see the patch job as there is a picture of me and my son cooking in front of our hammocks.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've had similar recently. PayPal allow you 180 days to start a dispute and escalate it to a claim. Start with the seller, if there's no reply etc, open a dispute. eBay then contact the seller on your behalf. If that doesn't work then escalate it to a claim.

Last edited:

Neil990

Oct 8, 2016
Dorchester
Just out of interest who was the seller. Was it a trader
Don't think he was a trader. I can understand him not wanting to do anything about it. As I left feedback saying it was ok. then 3 weeks later I said there was a problem. I think I have found a cheap material on ebay. Luckily the mother in law is handy with a sowing machine.

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
Doesnt really matter what he wants, statutory rights cannot be affected by anything a seller says or does or wishes

As long as its in as-new condition apart from the tare, you are completely within your rights; and he should be able to return it to the manufacturer for credit anyway, at most he looses a few quid postage for not checking the product before sending it out (assuming it wasnt shrink wrapped or something

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE