Czech wildlife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
From today:
LitPom02APR11049.jpg

LitPom02APR11052.jpg

LitPom02APR11089.jpg

Btw, I just started my blog about my wildlife trips and so on, so if anybody interested:
http://bushcraftercz.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
I visited south Bohemia this weekend, place where I have grown up and where my parents live. It´s the most beautiful part of the country (at least if we talk about nature), full of ponds and gently rolling wooded hills. Here are couple of pics I took today:
Ciconia nigra (Black Stork)
Capcerny1-RepicakAPR2011.jpg

Caltha palustris (Marsh Marigold)
Blatouch-RepicakAPR2011.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Great pics as always. Remarkable that you managed to get so close to a pine martin, they are always so shy. I have beech martins living in my attic!

:)

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Thanks mate,
there are a lot of beech martens (we call them "rock" martens) in Czech attics too. I was actually waiting for a boar (which I got 15 minutes later, but it was already getting dark and photo is poor quality), sitting on the ground in cammies, not moving, listening and observing, with camera ready. This was my first pine marten at all.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
I went to check my trail cam installed on hog trail, and chilled out a bit in rainy forest afterwards, waiting for possible deer passing by, and reading a book - good time.
PS: No, I don´t have swollen knees, that´s knee inserts:)
StnavaAPR2011008.jpg

Image00005-7.jpg

Image00003-6.jpg

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
As a amateur digital compact camera and an occasional DSLR photographer from Finland, I wonder what is the average Line-of-Sight (LoS) distance in your usual sceneries? At least the woodland photographs show that is it much greater there than here where we basically have two different settings: taiga with a LoS of maybe ten to fifteen meters and tundra-like terrain with LoS of kilometers.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Hello Martti, in woods I take photos on fairly short distance, that boars are taken from apprx. 15-20 meters, I was lucky. That running roe deer is taken maybe from 30m, and pics from trail camera have no magnification, so they are taken from the distance as you see it.
Thanks dixienorms, if you ever come to CZ, let me know, I´ll give you some outdoors tips:). Right now I am outside the country on business trip, but if you want to see some oder pics, they are in my pseudoblog:).

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Hello Martti, in woods I take photos on fairly short distance, that boars are taken from apprx. 15-20 meters, I was lucky. That running roe deer is taken maybe from 30m, and pics from trail camera have no magnification, so they are taken from the distance as you see it.
Thanks dixienorms, if you ever come to CZ, let me know, I´ll give you some outdoors tips:). Right now I am outside the country on business trip, but if you want to see some oder pics, they are in my pseudoblog:).

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
last October, can´t wait for another... Autumn in the city is bleak, but in the hills it´s different story... woods are full of smells, wet fur, falling colourful leaves, waking up ancient instincts and making hair on your neck standing up
OCT09099.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE