Current thoughts on treatment of human bodies or body parts in museums?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
That is just your opinion. I've given you the reasons which I view as valid. That is my opinion too.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Hmmm I'm both for and against...the against pretty much echos everyone else, gawpers, disrespect etc... however..

As a youngster I went to London with my mum and dad who are/were very into all things history, we went about all the museums and I remember being very interested in most of the stuff in there, fascinated type of interested, my folks were also keen on me not being one of those yelling brats in museums either, so I would have had a level of respectfulness about me (I assume....I don't recall). Now it didn't really lead me on to much in the future, certainly not in any of those fields, however I still have a keen interest in various historical bits and bobs and a couple months ago my wife and I were in London, and keenly visited a few museum... It was unfortunate that it was on the same day there were teacher strikes as hordes of fed up parents were taking their hordes of fed up children screeching around the place... However I do recall one little boy standing next to his mum and "WOOOOW!"ing at a lot of artifacts and reading the little placards etc, and it made me smile to think, I wonder what that little lad will grow up to be.... and that is my 'for' argument... That little lad might go on to make some amazing discoveries, he may be someone who helps keep history alive for the next little lad to 'Wow' at... Sometimes these things may pique the interests of the right person in every 100 gawpers... Is that enough to warrant it?

Reactions: Toddy and Ozmundo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE