Curly sallow camp-fire scandi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello!

Here´s a preview picture of my next knife. A simple curly sallow scandi with a Lorentz Linderborg blade.
Handle has been oiled once and is drying at the moment.
I´m going for a pouch style sheath and some braided leather at the back.

No20-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.
/Peter

F

fastbreak

That is a beautiful knife. Elegant and simple, yet perfectly fitted handle by the look of it. Well done.

Have fun

Mike

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Peter.. how do you boar the hole for the tang deep enough with out making it to wide for the beautiful fit you have where the blade meets the handle?

Thanks Fraser for answering that one. I did´nt know...

tomtom said:
Peter.. how do you boar the hole for the tang deep enough with out making it to wide for the beautiful fit you have where the blade meets the handle?

I drill two small holes at an angle, trying to get them to meet where the tang ends. In this case about 2/3 of the handle length. These holes are ment to be drilled slightly inside the tang profile, which I´ve drawn on the side of the handle.

Then I try to be as careful as possible, using files and small saw blades (for electrical "stick" saws..), when removing the material between the holes.
Also to try and get the tang to be thickest at the "bolster area" helps a bit.

Hope it helps a bit :confused: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE