Cuckoo Competition!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Oh go on I'll have a bash. I'll go for Star Wars day.

blacktimberwolf - 21st April - 8.45 am.
Mudgutz - 25th April - AM
Welchyd1 - 27th April - AM
Copperhead - 27th April - PM
Mesquite - 30th April - AM

Perrari 2nd May AM
Belzeebob23 - 3rd May -am
Zingmo - 4th May am
Biker - 7th May PM
crosslandkelly - 9th May, am.
Shewie - 11th May - A.M
Jandude - 14 May, pm
Niels - 24th May - A.M

Z

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Have a bash at forecasting when he'll arrive here - he hasn't yet, and it's free!......................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I haven't forgotten...................and you haven't won!............yet!...............Have a look at the entries, if he hears it this evening or tomorrow a.m., I reckon you'd be the closest..................

I just posted an ID querie half an hour ago, something bugging me these past four years, and Shewie got it nailed in minutes; you wanna hope he's not on a run, otherwise it looks like it could be Sat A.M.!

atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You need Loud cuckoos, not good ones - my neighbour's in his eighties, don't forget!....................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I heard one here on Mayday, but Marcky, my 80-something yr old neighbour didn't - and that's what you need to guess, when will HE first hear it..................He stands at his back gate mornings and evenings and listens out, for the sound of the first cuckoo regulates his garden schedule for the veg planting; and this guy is famous for his fruit and veg!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Only just clocked Mesquite's post, 3.30 a.m. is way earlier than I've ever heard him, even when sleeping out, that's extraordinary! Although many people think the dawn chorus is at it's peak at midsummer it's actually about now (in a normal year!) so I suppose it's about right......................whenever I hear it, at whatever time, it's always magic!.................atb mac

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
blacktimberwolf - 21st April - 8.45 am.
Mudgutz - 25th April - AM
Welchyd1 - 27th April - AM
Copperhead - 27th April - PM
Mesquite - 30th April - AM

Perrari 2nd May AM
Belzeebob23 - 3rd May -am
Zingmo - 4th May am
Biker - 7th May PM
crosslandkelly - 9th May, am.
Shewie - 11th May - A.M
Jandude - 14 May, pm
Niels - 24th May - A.M

I'll wade in with 10th May AM - sorry I can't put this in the list but I can't seem to use 'enter' to start new paragraphs at the moment on the site!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's ok, loads of people seem to be having trouble with the site at the moment; there's not that many to keep track of..........

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Good job we didn't know the that the neighbour in question is as deaf as a post before the comp. ...............might have put a dampner on the whole thing...:rofl:

Well done to the winner if there is a winner yet, this thread has kinda got a little confused so I'm not sure.:rolleyes:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I didn't say he was deaf as a post - he's just 80-odd.................not sure why you'd be confused, when he hears the bird the closest guess wins, pretty straightforward, eh? atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE