CPM 3V Linen Micarta Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I bought this blade from Shing intending it to be for me, but the bank balance not would allow. I finished it today. SOLD :D

Picture075.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

It is lovely, very tough in CPM 3V Stain resistant tool steel, Shing assured me the Rc was 57-58 and it is beautifully balanced.

The blade is110mm with an overall of 230 from 30mm bar at 4mm thick. It's robust to say the least.

The handle is tufnol linen micarta with brass and stainless loveless bolts and a 6mm brass lanyard tube, you can see from the pics I've put in a hand swell and more traditional bushcraft handle shape.

The sheath will be made of 3.5mm veg tanned leather to the specification of the buyer, in that it can be left or right handed, loop or double dangler (or just a brass O ring) and in saddle tan, dark brown or black and finished in mink oil. This should be ready in inder a week.

I'd like £150 for this, to include paypal and RMSD within the UK. If I get this, I'll put £10 into cancer research as my raffle looks to have flopped!

Thanks for looking

Richard

richardnhunt

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2006
Surrey
Can't stretch the bank balance, but wow that looks nice.:You_Rock_

As the proud owner of one of Richard's knives all ready I would really recommend him.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
unused[nl];296567 said:
Very nice knife, a bit expensive for a first knife! ;)

It isn't my first - have a look at my signature, it's about my 15th. Richardnhunt has had his almost a year I think. As for the price - well, Shinken says it all, it's got a superb blade on it from Shing.

I really didn't like the oiled finish, so now raw, but polished for an hour with wire wool, it will shine up again with use.

Picture081.jpg

Picture080.jpg

If anyone is concerned about the quality - I'll take it back if you don't like it and it's still in the same nick. The same if it fails - send it back for a full refund. I'm sure you all know of Shings reputtation and quality, so I'll stand by my quality with this guarantee.

If you are near, come and have a peruse, I'll stand by this.

Richard

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have made a few amature blades and only when you have had a play can you see how much work goes into a lovely knife such as that.

Thanks to a shout out from a member here i may have secured a shing blade for my self and they look stunning.

Nice knife ye got there ;)

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
I really don't want this to go via eBay, so

135 quid anyone? Much less and we're into financial loss territory.

Don't forget it come with a bespoke sheath of your choice.

Wife not pleased as I assured her this would sell.:puppy_dog

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Have you got this up for sale over on bb ? If not gee it over there it will sell in no time ;) I think things are just a little strapped over here lol

U

unused[nl]

It isn't my first - have a look at my signature, it's about my 15th. Richardnhunt has had his almost a year I think. As for the price - well, Shinken says it all, it's got a superb blade on it from Shing.

I really didn't like the oiled finish, so now raw, but polished for an hour with wire wool, it will shine up again with use.

Picture081.jpg

Picture080.jpg

If anyone is concerned about the quality - I'll take it back if you don't like it and it's still in the same nick. The same if it fails - send it back for a full refund. I'm sure you all know of Shings reputtation and quality, so I'll stand by my quality with this guarantee.

If you are near, come and have a peruse, I'll stand by this.

Richard

I meant, would be an expensive first knife for me! The knife looks great

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Have no idea how you havn't sold this twice over mate! :werd:

I'd have it myself but then you know of my cunning plan........... ;)

cummon peeps this is a cracking buy (and having seen it in the hand can vouch for what a nice piece it is!)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Dougster, if i had the folding, it would be on it's way to you for this. A cpm 3v blade by Shing, gripped and sheathed by Dougster, it's like a dream team situation! Please, please, please tell me it's gone now, otherwise i'm going to have to sell Jed Jnr!:eek:

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
As of 40 minutes ago its mine!:nana:

Not sure how better Richard could have described it - but he really didnt do it justice!

One very happy camper this end - I'll post back here once had chance to use in anger.

Knife aside, found Richard a thoroughly straight and fair guy to deal with, a real pleasure.

Anyone who thought about buying this and passed it up; I have no words to make it easier - feel free to kick yourself.;)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Cheers Oakleaf, i've just dislocated my hip trying to kick my own a**e! It was mine i tell you, MINE! Just got let down by a non-paying bidder on the bay of evil:cussing:

Good luck with it, you creamed in there mate!:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE