Compendium of Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Just wondered what the response to writing a book would be? I had to move from Torquay to Exeter this weekend (with a :rant: :rant: :***: :***: :banghead: :rant: cold) and am fed up of all the really useful bits of paper (that weigh a ton and are hard to carry around) I have, I am therefore going to compile them all into a book of one form or another, and I thought, maybe others have lots of bits of paper with useful info on that they might wish to share. I'd be willing to do the majority of the work but would like a little help at some point, and contributions of course. Do you guys/girls think this is a good idea? Would you be interested in a freely downloadable book? If so, what form should it take, an online magazine, or a series of articles on a theme? Also any volunteers? I know someone is compiling info on plants and I would quite like to use it if that would be possible? Anyway, what do you all think?

Greg

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If so, what form should it take, an online magazine, or a series of articles on a theme?
Isn't that what BCUK is...... you could always compile articles for the up and comming website or some downloadable material for members ;-)

Ed

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Best of British!
However, I suspect there's just *too* much. I write constantly, notes, leaflets, guides, etc., and I *still* have mountains of paperwork, notebooks, and a head full of useful snippets and ideas I want to try out......multiply that by the number of folk on bcuk....... :roll:
Maybe you could break it down a little bit. "What works in what sort of environment/ area", kind of thing.

:cup: ( I want a smilie for a ginger nut too!) Himself made tablet today :p

Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE