clyde valley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
PM sent Alan. (Hopefully won't get snowed off this time:rolleyes: ).

If anyone else(Robby?) fancies coming along shout out and I'll send you a map ref. Plan to be at the farm from saturday lunchtime on my lonesome so some company would be welcome.
Going to bust up some flint with Alan if he's available, lob some arrows about, cut a few more hazel wands for atlatl shafts and generaly just get out of town for a while.

Josh

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I was born and brought up in Lanark I know the area from the falls of clyde to Hamilton very well its known locally as the clyde side and is mainly fruit farms and orchards which as a lad was a huge adventure playground great area for brown trout(sadly nearly all gone ) and loads of summer and Autumn fruits for free

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't know about the trout, but there's a lot of salmon coming up the river these days :cool: Look out over the weir at Blantyre from the suspension bridge and you can see them stacking up for the jump. If you can avoid the traffic and walk across Bothwell bridge you can see them coming up through the shallows and into the shadow of the old sandstone piers.

I work in Govan at times and what they call the Clydeside isn't our Clyde side; their's is all industrial and thick heavy looking water, while ours is bright and sparkling in the Sun, running through really good land and woods. It's just home. :D

cheers,
Toddy

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
God Toddy it makes me feel home sick when I think of it all those summer days spent down at the falls or the crags at New lanark or down the moose I must admit I had a great time growing up there
we used to catch the brown trout down under the bridge at Kirkfield bank just the other side of the caravan park towards Nemphlar and im sure the summers were a lot sunnier than today happy memories

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We used to walk with the boys up to the Cora and Bonnington Linns at Corehouse, and from there down along into Kirkfieldbank, stop into one of the nurseries for scones and jam and cream and the kids would be sound asleep before we got past Garion Bridge :rolleyes: I worked at Underbank Primary a couple of years ago and took a bit of a ramble, its still beautiful :D

atb,
M

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
PM sent Alan. (Hopefully won't get snowed off this time:rolleyes: ).

If anyone else(Robby?) fancies coming along shout out and I'll send you a map ref. Plan to be at the farm from saturday lunchtime on my lonesome so some company would be welcome.
Going to bust up some flint with Alan if he's available, lob some arrows about, cut a few more hazel wands for atlatl shafts and generaly just get out of town for a while.

Josh

See what you miss when your wife drags you off to Orkney, I hated every minute you understand :D . I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE