Christmas stocking fillers!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Well, the festive season is drawing near and family get together is planned for Christmas week, so... I decided to make some ferro-rods for the kids so we can hopefully have a little campfire competition to hone their firelighting skills :)

Put the production line into action this morning, and got, this far...

IMG_BCUK_FERRORODS_01.jpg

Materials are holm oak and brass.

Thanks for looking, all the best, rich.

Reactions: leaky5

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice work and sounds like a fun idea for a competition but don't forget the scrapers for them, it'll be like giving a toy with no batteries :rolleyes: :D

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
I'm counting on them all having their carbon steel bushcraft knives to hand ;)

Seriously though, good point, thanks. I will be putting paracord lanyards and scrapers on them when they are done, probably hacksaw blade. I made a custom O1 scraper a while back for my eldest, shaped like a mini tanto blade and polished, in a little leather holder but I think in bulk and with only a month to go I will be taking the easy route for the rest.

Thanks for looking.

All the best, rich.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Thanks everyone, I'll try and get a couple more pics up as they wend their way towards completion.

bobnewboy: sorry, I am not sure why you can't see it, maybe the photo is too big, it was straight out of the phone. I've just resized it smaller, hopefully you can see it now.

All the best, rich.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE