Chip Knife blades and spoon blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
WKWhittlerSpoons.jpg

Just got making these as I had a commission for some and made the most of the time in the forge:campfire:
They are made from 3mm tool steel and have been hardened and then heat treated. The feather stick was carved by using all of them ( to make sure the edge was OK) :yikes:
The chip knives are 17cm with 9.5cm tangs. They have a 17 degree grind, with a 20 degree micro bevel courtesy of my Lansky Sharpening System. They will shave paper but you can soon get them razor sharp :yikes:
(£9 each please) Number 1 now sold
The spoon blades are a little shorter than normal, as I was asked to make them shorter so they are easier to use
(£8 each please)

L1 & L2 are left hand spoon knives, 7 cm long L1& L2 both now sold
The rest are right handed
R1 is 8cm
R2&3 are 7cm R1, R2 & R3 R4 all now sold
R4 is 6 cm now sold
I tested them all by carving the feather stick from a fresh piece of plum;)
All prices include delivery and please use paypal as gift/money owed if you could pleasegoodjob

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Thanks people. PM's replied to.
Just 1 & 2 chip blades left now
I shall be making some more when some more steel arrives including some Mocotaugan type blades if anyone's interested

Last edited:

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Spoon blade arrived today, looks great. It will be my first handling project. Can't wait to get it working :)

Cheers Kev

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE