Chinese fondue set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
I found this in charity shop today,had to buy it as never seen or heard of one before.anyone use one before,
from what I can gather ,charcoal goes in the funnel,which heats water in the moat,and then veg /noodles and meat is simmered in the water??

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Make a strong veg stock (Knorr) and add to the bowl, thin sliced veg and meat are served to guest. Using some thing like a BBQ skewer drop meat/veg into stock to cook. Remove and eat, when all meat and bigger veg gone..... drink the soup.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Thankyou both,I paid £8.99 so quite happy,and the Asian shop looks quite interesting will have to order from them.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thankyou both,I paid £8.99 so quite happy,and the Asian shop looks quite interesting will have to order from them.

They've got some good stuff. Just stocked up on dried fermented black beans and Chinese curry sauce powder (Saturday nights with chips to dip). Not terribly nutritious, but yummy all the same.

Black beans are a great ingredient, much better than the sugary muck from Sharwoods etc. Chop chilli, garlic, ginger, teaspoon of black beans, green pepper and meat of choice. Stir fry, add light soy and a bit of water. Thicken with cornstarch, pour on rice or noodles.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Mongolian Firepot. Chicken or veg broth boiling over charcoal. Wire mesh ladle spoons to cook in so you don't lose your food in the murky broth.
Say 6 meats, 6 sauces and 8 veg. That's 288 combinations. At the end, whip a few eggs and stir that into the broth to cook = last course is soup.
Bought my first one China town, San Francisco 1975. Great dinner events

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Lol I will probably store it till next spring now,
thanks bazzworx missed your post before, similar idea,mines not as fancy as fishes though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE