Cheap Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
The Mrs is currently planning this years camping’s adventures.
Our tent got destroyed in a storm last year, so it's time to buy a new one.

We are looking for something cheap, a real roomy 2-person tent. With a good size vestibule to cook, store our stuff, sit around in, when the weathers poor.

It'll see mainly fair 3-season weather, but on the coast, and Dartmoor things can get blowy!
Not so fussed about weight. I don't bother with the fly when camping in the middle of summer, and, as that’s when it'll get most use.

Cheers!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Our summer tent is a Vango Vista 600. Can't fault it. It sleeps 4 comfy and there's loads of room. Definately for car camping though as it weighs a ton

vis600dlx.jpg

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

check ebay especially this time of year as there seems to be quite a few bargins on there.

I bought a saunders jetpacker a few weeks ago for £75.00 which is a bit of a saving on the £200.00 ish list price. Check under some of the less popular brands like mac pac and vau de

happy hunting

john

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
johnboy said:
Check under some of the less popular brands like mac pac and vau de

I think this depends on who you talk to. They're good tents, but more expensive than some so less people buy them.

They're more designed for backpackers, unless you want to pay a upwards of £300 for their family sized tent.

Y

yowee

For a really versitile tent try the golite hex 3 modern version of teepee style well thoughout big enough for three but packs up smaller than a 2 season sleeping bag (available in green to) optional mosquito tent that can be used on it's own in hot countries only has one pole or has a loopon the top so just sling a rope over a branch, you can even use a ski or walking pole (with a little extender) they also do some other very usefull bushcraft style sleeping equipment www.golite.co.uk :-D

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
The Hex 3 really does look like a great piece of kit.

Same old story do it looks like I'll be ring around for a supplier that won't cripple me on the overseas delievery.

Any advice.

James

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
how about a vango force ten. the old design. you might be able to get hold of one second hand. that last forever. my parents is about 20years old and still as good as ever

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
I swear by my Wild Country. We are on our second (first one still in use). SWMBO wanted a larger tent you could sit up and swing a cat in, so we bought a Monsoon in a cotswold sale.
I much prefer my little hike tent that has been well used, and is still going strong after 12 years of hikes, bikes, flights and feativals. I think its a Wild country voyager? Bloody brilliant tent anyway and its done us proud. Well worth the extra if you can strech to it.
Cheers
Rich

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Comfort for two - I'd look at a 3 person sized dome tent from North Face or Terra Nova (the original Wild Country people from before this classic brand was sold off and went down market). Mountain Hardwear should be good too. These are £350-£450 tents but can be found for under £200 if you watch ebay carefully.

They're 20 years bombproof and roomy for a "proper" tent.

Cheers.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
vango micro 200, in forest green.

i am about 6ft tall and i can just squeze me and my kit inside.

there is room for two possibly three at a push, it has coped with heavy winds in the peak district that pulled the pegs out of two nearby family tents.

it's small when packed, the inner can stay attached to the outer or not(your choice).

it's only one pole, simular to the "saunders spacepacker" design but cheaper, i love it!

they make a "Vango micro 100(i person) and a 300 (two doors and bigger) do have a look at the range!

excellent for light weight camping!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE