Charity Sheath Raffle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
As we approach the anniversary of the premature death of my grandfather from cancer, it has occured to me that I/we can do a little something extra.

In the Red charity theme, I'll do two of my sheaths, however anyone wants them. Raffle tickets will be £5 each (I believe cheque would be best) which I will list in thread for transparency. I will get my daughter (3 so totally unbiased) to draw the lots for the two winners. I will then pay the money into my account and forward one single cheque to Cancer Research, publishing the receipt here. I haven't approached them yet, but I'm sure a cheque out of the blue won't go amiss.

I think this will please everyone, those who don't have a lot of spare cash will get a chance, and those with a couple of quid can buy more than one ticket.

Here is what the sheaths are like with feedback - sorry if you've recently bought one, S O RRY I only just thought of this again after forgetting it for 6 months.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=295592

I'll do the sheath for whatever 'knife' you have (no parangs or other larger items:rolleyes:) but I may have to borrow an F1 as I've never seen one in the flesh.

Is this a runner? If so, I'll get it up and running with a draw in say three weeks or so?

Any ideas to improve this gratefully accepted.

Richard

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Duplicate of thread in swap shop:

As we approach the anniversary of the premature death of my grandfather from cancer, it has occured to me that I/we can do a little something extra.

In the Red charity theme, I'll do two of my sheaths, however anyone wants them. Raffle tickets will be £5 each (I believe cheque would be best) which I will list in thread for transparency. I will get my daughter (3 so totally unbiased) to draw the lots for the two winners. I will then pay the money into my account and forward one single cheque to Cancer Research, publishing the receipt here. I haven't approached them yet, but I'm sure a cheque out of the blue won't go amiss.

I think this will please everyone, those who don't have a lot of spare cash will get a chance, and those with a couple of quid can buy more than one ticket.

Here is what the sheaths are like with feedback - if you've recently bought one, S O RRY I only just thought of this again after forgetting it for 6 months.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=295592

I'll do the sheath for whatever 'knife' you have (no parangs or other larger items) but I may have to borrow an F1 as I've never seen one in the flesh.

Is this a runner? If so, I'll get it up and running with a draw in say three weeks or so?

Any ideas to improve this gratefully accepted.

Richard

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Would this be of more interest to people if I took away a sheath and put a knife in the other?

Instead of two sheaths, a small(ish) handmade knife with a sheath?

U

unused[nl]

I am in on this one myself! Willing to buy a nice knife in the near future and a nice sheath would came handy then! And my grandfather also died from cancer, so did the grandfather of one of my best friends, and, and, and to many people I know died from it or suffered from it :(
If I could say to "some one" maybe "god": Remove all the cancer from the world and I will keep your fires in the hell burning, I would do it! (I have to bring my firesteel with me ;)

@mace242
Very kind of you!:You_Rock_

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dougster - I'm sure a knife and sheath (a nice small useful one) would be interesting. I'm up for a couple of tickets if you go that route - paypla would be a big help too - happy to cover the fee!

Red

U

unused[nl]

We need some more people for this one! Come on guys! it's also just 5£!

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Dougster,
Great idea,count me in for a couple of tickets. Let me know what payment method you need.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Right, I'll start on a blade. I'll use a lapplander 90 as it's a useful little thing - great 'backup'. I'll put some nice scales on, with a sheath and firesteel loop?

U

unused[nl]

Great it is going to happen! :)
Maybe you can the winner let choose if he wants a loop in the sheath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE