Chainsaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
Hi Group
I'm in the market for a new saw, I've looked at the Husky 350 and the Stihl 260, at the moment I am still leaning towards the Stihl, even though it is 100 pounds more expensive.

I'm really looking to find out does anyone have a contact for getting a special deal on one of these?

Thanks in advance.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Tony.........I have two chainsaws, both American. One is a little Poulan super xxv, it starts most times, I have to sweet talk it first, I think its Female because its a bit temperamental. I mainly use it for chopping through the roots round a stump, to remove the stump. My other saw is a Homelight 49cc and is a great saw and even has a brake on it (unlike the poulan). I use this one for felling.
I know you chainsaw boys are now going to have a go about us builders using tools we should'nt be allowed to have (CHOPPING ROOTS!!!). I do enjoy using my saws though and one day I might even buy some saftey stuff.........Jon

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Hmmm, touchy subject at the moment. I had a Sthil 024AV up until last Tuesday when some lowlife broke into my van while we were checking out some woodland for sale, and stole it, a brand new 2.3kw generator, my mobile phone, an 18v drill, my petrol/oil can and some other stuff. Bummer or what?

Eric

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
Eric_Methven said:
Hmmm, touchy subject at the moment. I had a Sthil 024AV up until last Tuesday when some lowlife broke into my van while we were checking out some woodland for sale, and stole it, a brand new 2.3kw generator, my mobile phone, an 18v drill, my petrol/oil can and some other stuff. Bummer or what?

Eric

my views on the lowlife are :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

very sorry to hear about that eric

TT

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
eric - comiserations, it's sickening isn't it? I had my side window jemmied a couple of days ago as well, though luckily there wasn't anything to take, but it's going to cost me to get it all sorted out.

Oh, and my votes for Stihl too :D!

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Wow, this thread dates back to 2003! lol

My (rather late) vote goes to the Husky for sheer cutting power...however I do think the stihl's are more reliable and a better training saw.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
He he, that was a while ago!

I've now got the Oleo Mac 956 and I have to say that it's a good saw, well so far! I've had a couple of forestry mates have a go with it and they've been impressed. I suppose it's a time will tell thing!

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I would like to boast possibly the smallest chainsaw. Packs into a about a 5x15x2cm bag! Not petrol driven though - muscle power only. It is basically a chain! Came in very handy cutting down a tree in a gap between a shed and a fence. Just wrap the chain round and pull backwards and forwards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE