Carinthia defence 4 query

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I was lucky to snap up a carinthia defence 4 sleeping bag off ebay for a bargain price.

I was looking to team it up with a carinthia tropen sleeping bag for winter camping. However these are quite expensive and the wife would kill me if i bought one.
I have noticed the British army have a copy of the tropen bag. The lightweight sleeping bag.

Has anyone got any first hand expirience of these new British lightweight bags or even better teamed it up with a defence 4 bag?

Reactions: ScottE

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Yes, I use both, the British issue lightweight bag is basically the tropen, fits in the d4 nicely, not all the tie outs line up but I don't use them anyway.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Have you had much use out of the bag yet Scotte?

I have had bad experience with fecsa products in the past.
I had 3 fecsa contract Dutch army hooped bivi copies (new unissued) in a row with faulty zips. In the end i had accept defeat and search long and hard for genuine carinthia model.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
I used the lightweight bag alone 4-5 times in early summer, mozzie net is a huge bonus, all appears fine with zips etc but early days I guess.
Not yet used them together as not been cold enough.

Inky

Nov 4, 2012
Cambridge
I've used the D4 together with the old army lightweight 'jungle' bag in a bivi bag, it was about -8 and it was overkill, I was rediculously warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE