Canvas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Davey Munroe

Does anybody out there know where i can get my hands on some canvas. As you can't really buy swag rolls in this country, ( not that we used to buy them back home) I'd like to get some canvas and make one up.This will take about 10 minutes.

D

Davey Munroe

Gday Tomtom mate, I need a few metres of preferably new stuff. Old tent material is ok, for small things like dilly bags, but on a swag, you get seams all over the place. You know anywhere?

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Any chance of some pics to show how it is done when you get the canvas Davey? I have always liked the look of Aussie swag bags but like you say it is a bit expensive to get one all the way from Oz.

Bill

D

Davey Munroe

HI Tenbears

No probs mate, actually a real swag roll, by that I mean what people really use, is just some canvas with thats been hemmed and it's the way you fold it. if you really want to go to town, you can put a flap/Pouch in the top that you put stuff in to make a pillow. After that, a couple of leather straps to keep it rolled up. Then just put your favourite bedding inside folded properly, and bobs your auntie. But I'll send you pictures/ Diagrams if you still want.

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
Cheers all i've been looking for canvas for a while now to cover a canoe. Point north looks spot on.

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
gday davey, please do I would love to see them too. heres a bit of info I could'nt figure out where to put but is sort of related here. over here the maker of water repellent spray I use has other products they don't normally have in stores. including a uv resistant treatment and a permanent waterproofing treatmentand others. guys check this out !!!www.atsko.com, some very useful stuff here. also bulk amounts, gallons etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE