Canoes and Snow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was up in Weardale today, to have a look at some canoes at the Canadian Canoe Co. I got to Stanhope and this started!:
P4110007copy.jpg

The bloke was very helpful but the boat I really wanted was way over my mark:
P4110010copy.jpg

A beautiful cedar strip 16 footer, only £2500 or there abouts, never mind, costco here we come!:rolleyes:
:D
R.B.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Beautiful, but alas a bit too dear for me too R.B. I'm going to get paddling for the first time this year......looking at this price......I'll see you in Costco!
dave
Before I get shot down I do realise the extraordinarily amount of work that is involved in that canoe.D

rancid badger

Beautiful, but alas a bit too dear for me too R.B. I'm going to get paddling for the first time this year......looking at this price......I'll see you in Costco!
dave
Before I get shot down I do realise the extraordinarily amount of work that is involved in that canoe.D

When we went inside his place, he had a bookcase made from one end of an old wooden canoe!
Fantastic!
Your right about the work obviously, only thing stopping me is the lack of funds not any doubt about the price.
Toyed with the idea of making one from cedar strip but it's a bigger project than I fancy starting any time in the near future.
The photo is crap by the way, It was absolutely belting down with snow so I took the photo from the car while waiting for the bloke to turn up!
cheers R.B.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
You're not kidding that's a gorgeous looking canoe, worth every penny I'm sure. Now where's me lottery numbers?!?!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE