Canoeing on red water (pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

y2keable

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2005
northumberland UK
www.livejournal.com
in preparation for a week of adventuring I’ve been out in my canoe allot during the past few weeks to get some practice in. last night we left it pretty late to hit the river but the water was warm and the nights are still long. this time i was brave enough to take my camera in the canoe with me and the risk of getting it wet paid off pretty well.

i asked Ben (the guy in the second pic) to take some of me. when he was taking the pics, he must have been doing something wrong, maybe he didn't know to push the shutter button all the way down but there were no pics of me on the memory card...darn. we'll be back on the water soon so i'll take my camera aging.

regards
Jayson

If you're worried about getting the camera wet, have a look at Aquapac I have one for my PDA and I'mgetting one for my digicam. They are waterproof to about 5 metres IIRC and if you drop your camera in the water it floats. My tip would be to attach it to your canoe with a longish lanyard so if it does drop off, it's not going to go too far. I've seen the large digicam size pouch going on Ebay for about £30ish.

Nice pics as well :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE