canoe/ angling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
All the time, I find that you don't spook the fish as much and in lots of ways more fun than off the bank, there is always somewhere to explore and wet a line.

:headbang:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
yes i like fishing from a canoe, even if you don't catch any more it's just great fun, by using the indian stroke you can silently creep into places you'd never reach from the bank, i used to fish from a kayak which was a bit tricky as i wasn't the best paddler of a kayak so i placed a blue barrel either side as ballast to help stop it from capsizing when playing a fish, now i prefer my canadian canoe so that's not neccessary, great fun whether you catch or not.

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
If you fish from a canoe do you still need the permission of the club/individual who owns the rights to the riverbanks?

which I have from the waterways company that runs the river, as for the clubs they only control the bank fishing, the waterways company controls the boat/canoe fishing for the river that I fish under licence from them.

Stevcho

Nov 2, 2008
Bulgaria
www.bigshoescanoes.com
All this stress of getting permission what a drag.
Over here in Bulgaria they have no rules and regs but it seems to work very well.
I kayak just about anywhere and no-one gets upset.
I have one river by me which is the length of Bulgaria (River Danube) and it free to camp and kayak down.
What are you waiting for come on over and enjoy the freedom.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
What are you waiting for come on over and enjoy the freedom.
It's on my list!

which I have from the waterways company that runs the river
Is this the BWB? Or do different companies "run" different rivers? The reason I ask is that I live near the Severn and the Wye where the fishing rights are guarded closely.

Stevcho

Nov 2, 2008
Bulgaria
www.bigshoescanoes.com
The rivers here are owned by the people and they fish where they want too. The Ossam River which is 320 kilometers long is wonderfull and very quiet. I spent the other day fishing and never saw a soul for 8 hours. Bliss
I also lived near the river wye and found the restrictions too much to handle thats why I moved over here for good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE