Canadian Canoe Courses, Who is best?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minttree

Nov 11, 2005
Herts.
Dear Bushcraft people,

I really want to learn the art of 'Canadian Canoing', does any one know a good school, which possibly does the course as a river trip?

Any information will be most appreciated.

best regards,

Minttree

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
It's a bit far north, perhaps, but 'Beyond Adventure' are very good. They do both courses and trips. Based at Aberfeldy in Perthshire, so handy for Loch Tay and whitewater on the River Tay.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Doc said:
It's a bit far north, perhaps, but 'Beyond Adventure' are very good. They do both courses and trips. Based at Aberfeldy in Perthshire, so handy for Loch Tay and whitewater on the River Tay.

+ 1 Doc

They're very good.

However if you are too far away and don't fancy taking a week's holiday in Scotland to begin learning then I would recommend that you contact the BCU (The british canoe union, the sport's governing body) and see if they have any affiliated clubs near you.

The club instructors will all be BCU qualified and you will be able to use club boats to practise in.

George

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
:aargh4: I can't remember the name of the company. It's the one that Jed runs Roving Rich and some of the others have been on courses with them. I'd recommend them and so would all the people that went out at the Spring Bushcraft UK Moot :D

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I don't know whether Jed is doing courses as such, but if he is he would get my vote!

I went with on an expedition with Jed and Dave Goodworth back in the early summer. We paddled around a couple of lochs up on the Knoydart Peninsula. Not only is Jed a good teacher and very experienced at handling canoes, he is also very experienced at kitting out and running expeditions so we learned a lot more than just how to handle boats.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Sounds interesting. Any idea what level BCU qualification can be taught? I've already got BCU 1, but am interested in 2 and 3.

Perhaps if there are enough BCUKers interested we could get together for this?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE