Can anyone recommend a fuel bottle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smokin

Sep 6, 2011
England
I'm looking to go tavelling on a motorbike, but because of the risk of damage, I'd rather not take standard plastic fuel bottles like the 1l Coleman one I use now, so I'm looking for something a bit sturdier.

Any help, guys?

Thanks!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Plus2city on ebay sell 530cc fuel containers. These are made for their pressurised multifuel clones, so are proper solid! Offer £3.50 and you'll probably be successful - I was!

Last edited:
+1 for the Trangia I have both the 1ltr and the 500ml have to say the £1 I paid extra for the 1ltr was worth it.

If you want smaller amounts, I have used old Mini Red Bull bottles, they were designed to keep fluid in to start with so they are leak proof.

if i recall correctly Ashley @ Natural Bushcraft has a Youtube Video of these

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
I am assuming the OP is talking about a bottle for alcohol fuel/meths in which case I would recommend recycling a soda bottle - they are plenty strong enough for me and basically free- just be sure to mark them well as poison. If using an aluminium bottle make sure it has a plastic lining - unlined aluminium bottles tend to be corroded by the meths.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
trangia-fuel-bottle-with-safety-valve-1l-0.5l-0.3l-2399-p.jpg

Can't go wrong.

leon-1

trangia-fuel-bottle-with-safety-valve-1l-0.5l-0.3l-2399-p.jpg

Can't go wrong.

Now this I can appreciate, I have used these and coated sigg bottles and both are very good even though I lean towards the trangia.

I am assuming the OP is talking about a bottle for alcohol fuel/meths in which case I would recommend recycling a soda bottle - they are plenty strong enough for me and basically free- just be sure to mark them well as poison. If using an aluminium bottle make sure it has a plastic lining - unlined aluminium bottles tend to be corroded by the meths.

On the other hand I also have been using these (Fruit Shoot) bottles for a long time. If you are worried about it at all you can always tape it up with gaffer tape (which gives you access to a very handy resource in it's own right). If you are on a budget I would go for the little drinks bottles.

They can be packed in smaller spaces, should you damage one then that's not all of your fuel gone in one fell swoop and it's quick, cheap and easy to replace. You can also claim you're doing your bit for the planet by recycling something that you would just have thrown away as well.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
+1 for the trangia bottles. The spring loaded cut off valve is as safe as you can get for using a highly volatile fuel. Its tempting to use an empty pop bottle, but if anything goes wrong near a heat source you are in big trouble with no means of cutting off the fuel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE