Camping in Southern New forest.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Had a look online and doesnt seem to be much option...except Glamping.

...I want to camp in the New Forest...not purchase it...

Dissertation research that hopefully will involve the National Motor Museum; I wish to spend a few days there, I cold trip back and forth but that would be expensive.

And I find the New Forest very stressfull...

There is a nice looking place in Nomansland but...its right on the Northern borders; not the south...

What do you suggest?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Camping in the forest is deeply frowned upon, but the cheapest site I know is foxlease near Lymington. Its the old girl guide camp, now open to the public too. I havnt looked it up, but it was a great deal cheaper than the more popular larger sites. Plenty of room if memory serves me right to tuck yourself away.
Also, look at the smaller sites,
cool camping is one to look at for info on smaller sites, which are more basic and much cheaper.
You will get moved on if you try and wildcamp , can be done in a bivvy for one night, if you tuck yourself away, well off the roads, but a car unattended will raise suspicion and is liable to theft. Not something I would be happy doing.
Good luck finding a place.

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
We are off to the new forest at the weekend. Think there is a groovy place just to the north of town. If you go on their website and book, the form has a drop down with loads of other options. It is a really lovely place to visit, and cream tea at the old farmhouse in burley (just a short ride away) is ace

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
The Camping in the Forest sites are open 8th April. Roundhill is the closest to the motor museum. You could walk there from Brockenhurst Station. There are very few cheap camp sites, or anything cheap in the New Forest!

Don’t bother trying to wildcamp. Too many busy bodies on the forest now and the stress of keeping and eye out and hidden way is not worth it. I know folk do but it’s a lot harder than it used to be.

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
Oh I see what you meant now by ‘their website’. Hollands wood is OK and handy for Brockenhurst - Roundhill is a bit further out from the village and not next to the main road and has a more open aspect. I see they don’t have toilets at Roundhill now so that probably rules it out unless you have a larger tent and bucket and chuck it!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
That looks like what I want.

There are other options of course, I could park up with a `Gone Fishing` sign and sleep on the beach.

Or ask permission of a farmer.

(I have done both in the past, but in very different areas)

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
That looks like what I want.

There are other options of course, I could park up with a `Gone Fishing` sign and sleep on the beach.

Or ask permission of a farmer.

(I have done both in the past, but in very different areas)
There are few ‘farmers’ - mostly commoners in the New Forest. You’ll get no joy from them as they graze animals of the forest anyway! Acres Down is £10 a night and that’s as cheap as you’ll get around this way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE