Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Very windy today. Put the Orange fly up as a windbreak and had to put poles in to stop it bowing in !!!!!
Nice to see you Spenny. Coffee over an open fire tasted OK I hope ;)

A little slideshow http://s799.photobucket.com/user/kpurse/slideshow/March Meets/Skoldings 28th Feb 2015

I thought this was a type of Holly as it's evergreen but have been told it may be an evergreen Oak. Apprently there is one species
"Quercus ilex, the evergreen oak,[1] holm oak, or holly oak is a large evergreen oak native to the Mediterranean region. It takes its name from holm, an ancient name for holly.[2] It is a member of the white oak section of the genus" although the leaves are toothed

Made two axe handles from a downed Willow for the Advanced BCUSA Advanced certification.
One for the tomahawk and one dry fitted for a hatchet ;)

Folding stand came in handy. May need a tweek though

Need to live out of my PSK for 24 hrs. Not with water like this running from the field into the dyke though.

Not a lot of the house left now

A green laner in a Range Rover has made a mess

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Def need a cup and something to sit on :rofl:
Been bust today. Remodelled the stand, finished handling the hawk and hatchet, Made a plastic neck sheath for a hand made knife I had given me (the one with mosaic pins and file work), made a bag for the tarp, another for the stand, a food ditty bag and made some elastic straps for the re-handled hatchet. Been a busy boy today :)
Oh..and reset the kerf on that folding saw I was struggling with ;)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Gutted about Graysmore. I knew it well. Many ancient trees and a huge amount of wildlife. Might be worth reporting to FDC as he would've needed a permit to take them down.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Had students taken into hospital with pneumonia. Its been about for weeks as you say but its really got hold of me know. Go to bed, wake up absolutely boiling after, at the most, an hour with joints screaming including ribs, get up, take more morphine, watch tele. (not YouTube as I get into it) until 2ish then back to bed, up again after about 3-4 hours. Cant sit stand or lay without being in pain. Bad guts, soups OKish.
Went shopping yesterday, got half of it and had to go home. Got knackered and short of breath just trying to get so reed heads for tinder

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Surfing (got to do something) and just came across this on a site for free UK camping thought some of you lot might be interested ;)

58A7 Norfolk - Thetford Forest has a good site near Santon Downham, over the River Bridge and Rail Bridge - parking in forest area on the right. Watch the weight limit on the bridge - 3 tonnes but you can get to the site from the other direction. Lovely walks through the woods - deer seen last year.

Cambridgeshire

56A6 Cambridgeshire - An old road at Stibbington where the truckers' 'diner' is situated. About a mile after the main junction with the A47 (bridge over the road). You might find it somewhere here.

56B8 Cambridgeshire - Around Water Newton, just before the signs for East of England Showground and Alwalton, there is a bit of old road which sometimes has a cafe in it during the daytime. It's shielded from the road by a belt of trees, but there is usually a somewhat ramshackle 'Cafe' sign.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Had to get out although I felt sh*t. Had to go and clear the head a little. Roads dry and negotiable even though a bit bumpy. Spent a couple of hours out in all.

Enjoy ;)

[video=youtube;HzBOEtmJXqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzBOEtmJXqY&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi leigh
thats a shame, double booked, away walking the Pedders way on the Monday, let me know when you do the next one, you coming in May to Hethel

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Looked like you had some hogweed in there Kev which is edible. The other plant was araum Maculatum tuber is probably edible if processed properly, otherwise poisonous. Nice to see the wood beginning to awaken.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE