Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Any plans for any meets, anytime soon? Cambridgeshire bushcrafters seem pretty quiet. Come on people there are 4 seasons not just summer!

I would be interested in seeing whose up for an outing? I'm injured at the mo so can't do too much physically but healing fast. Thought about organising a day tracking. Watching deer at wildlife park, sharing info on tracks, signs etc then off to woods to see what we find. Maybe finish day badger watching. I also have permissions for lakes and woodland 50+ acres. If preferred. Problem is dirt track needs 4X4 or walk in.
Nice one. :thinkerg: Most of this you can do near the golf course at March. Deer breeder and 14 acres of woods next door ;) I'm laid up but what a day :goodluck:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Leigh

"I also have permissions for lakes and woodland 50+ acres. If preferred. Problem is dirt track needs 4X4 or walk in."

What about your place?

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
A day out watching deer and tracking shouldn't need to much gear...count me in. 
If you want this I know a much better place.
The deer watching and tracking is best out peterborough way. There is an excellent fallow deer park at burghley house. Then there is a wood nearby with a good head of fallow deer. Always see a few around.

Any dates in mind?

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Still not walking far. New meds still not started :soapbox: If you want deer, badgers, etc. try Gault Wood at March. Got most things. Just no open fires. I got permission to use a Kelly kettle and look about. No camping as wallies have spoilt it. Near March Golf course if you haven't been before. Norwood road nature reserve is quite good and the manager is a bushcrafter ;)

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Saturday 15th Feb is the next time I am available.

Suggest either focus on deer and tracking or normal bushcraft. The tracking will be Stamford, Peterborough and then onto nearby woods.

If people are available people let me know and we will pin down exact times to meet up.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Lets get that list up then!

I will meet you there. Have to walk in as road is too muddy unless you have 4X4 or quad bike. It's a private club run by my father and you have to be a member to enter the club

No clean water on site, no toilets.

List
Leigh

Weekender (back is playing up so will have to see?)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
This is on the 15th as well if it fits in http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/class/853
[h=1]Tracks, trails and signs[/h]With Nene Park Trust

• Date: Sat 15th February 2014
  • Time: 1:00pm - 3:30pm
  • Venue: Ferry Meadows Country Park
  • Class size: 20
  • Enrolment ends: Fri 14th February 2014
  • Difficulty level: beginner
There are 17 places left

Join this class(You're just 2 clicks away) Need more info?
Scroll down
a bit more.

[h=2]Who else would like this? Share with friends:[/h]
check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png

[h=2]What's going to happen in this class?[/h] Explore animal evidence and make casts of animal tracks. Suitable for ages 8+. Easy access but this event may not be suitable for all. Meet at the Visitor Centre. **Booking essential - please call 01733 234193 to book a place and to get further details or directions**.
- See more at: http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/class/853#sthash.Ryert00p.dpuf

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE