Calling all craftsmen.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know, there are a lot of glaikit choobs out there :sigh:

Craftwork by it's very inception is creative; whatever idiot considered themselves to be superior to the folks that actually get their hands involved in making reality from ideas needs a brain transplant :sigh:

M

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I'm flabergasted............................politicians deciding what is or isn't creative ? C'mon !.........................I suppose it's a lot easier to come up with these half baked ideas rather than dealing with more essential problems such as unemployment & the enviroment.
Hopefully this nutty plan will backfire on them like the ingenious scheme they had to sell off Britain's woodlands through the back door.

I suggest we start a petition to stop the government.......point blank.:cool:

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Signed. It says a lot for the nonsense they spout about apprenticeship etc being as good in their eyes as University.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Is the deciding whether self employed/sole trader crafters arent creative a get more tax thing. Because the wording on the Self assesment changed this year to say creators of artistic works have to put their average or something. I dont understand the daft thing, but I think the goverment want less people to earn naff all for three years while writing a book, that they only pay one years worth of tax on the revenue on it. I havent a clue how it all works or how it be could be diddled.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I get the impression that this is some how a precursor to something else. I wonder if there are commercial interests behind this? According to the petition there is a few billion earned by craftspeople each year. That will look tasty to some.

leon-1

Petition Signed. What says it all is the department in Charge

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport.

Lots of funding and things for art college and the arts under culture, but traditional crafts get absolutely bugger all.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Petition Signed. What says it all is the department in Charge

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport.

Lots of funding and things for art college and the arts under culture, but traditional crafts get absolutely bugger all.

And here is a group photo

The-Muppet-Show-008.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE