Byelaws

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I have not been about for a while, but browse when I can.
I have noticed a few topics asking what is allowed ect.
I dont want to get too involved with these topics because I am a keen fisherman.
BUT that said, the following link will provide some info.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/static/documents/Leisure/Fish_Removal_Byelaw.pdf

there is lots of info availiable on the EA Website or on the DEFRA website.

You also need to take local bylaws into account as well, as these change from region to region, like you, im also keen fisherman as well as being a Fishery Manager & Water Bailiff, although my Fishery duties dont leave a lot of time to actually go fishing anymore:(, even thinking about selling some of my Match & Carp Poles, Floats rods off, as they just dont get used like they used to.

Last edited:

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
The only fishing kit I own is all in a tobacco tin, a few hooks a couple of lures a couple of floats some split shot and a cotton reel size spool of fishing line, I got it from my kids one christmas they thought I would like it because it has "survival fishing kit" printed on the lid. I tried it out a couple of years ago whilst on a canal boat holiday. I cut a length of hazel long enough to use as a fishing rod and using worm for bait caught my first fish, cant see myself taking it up as a hobby but it was ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE