Buying and selling?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Psymon

Nov 18, 2005
London
Hello!

Two quick questions, firstly I assume from observation that I cant use the buying and selling forum without being a paying member of bushcraftuk? Does that mean that I cant advertise my interest on the other non trading forums in buying edged tools?

(I checked the FAQ but it didnt cover this)

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
hello :)
i'm not 100% sure (i'm sure a mod. will be along to clarify), but i think buying and selling is restricted to the members classifieds, i'm not sure about selling, but you can certainly respond to adverts and buy without being a paying member.
If you are just looking for advice about a choice of edged tool then you can obviously ask about other peoples opinions or experiences in edged tools. I think you can ask or give advice in resources about where to get stuff but i don't recall seeing "wanted" type adverts anywhere but the classifieds.
There is a link to british blades in edged tools which is, if you haven't already been, an excellent site dedicated to edged tools and knives with its own classified section, including a "wanted" sub-forum.
hope this helps and as i say, i'm sure someone will be along to tell you for certain :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
First of all, Hiya and welcome to the forums. Feel free to introduce yourself in the introductions and welcomes forums :D

Two quick questions, firstly I assume from observation that I cant use the buying and selling forum without being a paying member of bushcraftuk?
Thats correct. Its one of the benefits of membership....

Does that mean that I cant advertise my interest on the other non trading forums in buying edged tools?
ummmm tricky one.... we've not been asked that before...... I've checked the edged tools section and there are no wanted ads for second hand stuff... all the wanted ads are asking where people can source new blades or kit etc...... so up until now it hasn't happened.... all trading has taken place in the members classified section..... so I guess that the precedent has been set.

If its knives and edged tools you are looking to buy, then you couldn't do better than to get over to www.britishblades.com and their forums. Many of the members here are also members over there.... there is alot of crossover between the 2 sites.

(I checked the FAQ but it didnt cover this)
Trading/Buying/Selling is currently under review by the staff and the FAQ's will be updated accordingly when we have finalised the plans.

Again, welcome aboard to BCUK and I hope you enjoy the forums and website :D

Ed

Psymon

Nov 18, 2005
London
Thanks for your help.

I had noticed the heavy crossover between this site and the BB forums, I wasnt really sure which site was more likely to have members with what I was after (a yorkshire pattern billhook) but I shall put up a wanted ad on the BB forums and wait until the rules have been revied before putting one up here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE