Bushtucker Man - Les Hiddins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Nice one, im a fan ive got the same hat so i must be lol :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: ive got one of the CD roms from Oz and its really good, this ones on the hit list now, cheers :biggthump you never know you may have the chance to follow his footsteps in 2006 :?: :naughty:oh yes and it does look like the 1st series..

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
Gary,
They are listed as being in PAL format. As far as I know this is the standard for Australia and Europe son there shouldn't be a problem playing them over here.
Most problems originate from the USA and South America which come in the NTSC format (different frame rate).
If you play them on a computer, most software reads both sorts although the number of times you can change the set up of the player in limited (5 on mine).

Ooops, I seem to have come over all techno geeky :shock: :nono:
Someone quick throw me a block of wood so I can carve a spoon, I feel a bit strange:hyper:

Rob

leon-1

tomtom said:
i thought they were dvd and i thought PAL was for video
and the region thing was for dvds.. or is it all the same thing

Not quite, you will find that apart from the region coding on a DVD it could be played on just about any DVD player (effectively all it is, is a little piece of code that tallies up with an EEprom chip on your DVD player), which is why computers can play most any DVD from any region untill the software sets the region code for your player. Some DVD players can force output, so you put in a NTSC disc and it will output in PAL.

PAL comes in a number of different types that tally with countries (PAL I, PAL G and PAL M), then there are others like NTSC which is used in the states, there are a couple of different codes for this as well. You also have SECAM and MESACAM which are formats for other countries.

In some cases it is to do with wavelength / frequency and in others it is to do with frame rate and picture format. For instance I have a 21 system tele that I bought abroad that will work most anywhere apart from the Former Soviet Union (God knows what format they use). So in a lot of ways it is to do with your tele and what it is capable of receiving.

I hope I haven't complicated things too much :)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
leon-1 said:
Not quite, you will find that apart from the region coding on a DVD it could be played on just about any DVD player (effectively all it is, is a little piece of code that tallies up with an EEprom chip on your DVD player), which is why computers can play most any DVD from any region untill the software sets the region code for your player. Some DVD players can force output, so you put in a NTSC disc and it will output in PAL.

PAL comes in a number of different types that tally with countries (PAL I, PAL G and PAL M), then there are others like NTSC which is used in the states, there are a couple of different codes for this as well. You also have SECAM and MESACAM which are formats for other countries.

In some cases it is to do with wavelength / frequency and in others it is to do with frame rate and picture format. For instance I have a 21 system tele that I bought abroad that will work most anywhere apart from the Former Soviet Union (God knows what format they use). So in a lot of ways it is to do with your tele and what it is capable of receiving.

I hope I haven't complicated things too much :)

And in English that means????

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE