Bushmoot car share

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Thought I might run an idea past you guys to see if anyone had thought about it.:thinkerg:
Mods - if you see any problems with this feel free to remove.

With the cost of fuel rocketing I thought it might be an idea to organise a car share for those people going to the Moot for the same days and from similar areas. :drive: I'm sure some of you are already doing this with people who you have already met but how many others are there who might like the idea.

I am not proposing anything like a taxi service for cash but perhaps the people who are getting the lift could thank the driver by providing some food or drink (or in fact anything they see fit) for the weekend in return for the lift.

Just think how much you will be doing for the environment :240: and more important you will all have more £££ in your pocket to spend on new kit :) :)

To start things off I am currently giving Buckley8219 a lift from Oxford station on Friday, we will be returning on Sunday and I have probably got room for one more with kit.

I would suggest that this thread might be used for offers of lifts or requests but individual arrangements are kept to pms.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'll also be driving over from Oxford, but I'm planning on going mid-morning Friday to get there for when the gates open, and departing on Tuesday, probably just after lunch. The car isn't that big, so I could certainly fit one person, and possibly two if you don't have too much kit.

Geoff

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
1 reply in 24hrs:confused: Thanks Geoff.
I was beginning to think nobody was interested in saving money and the planet. Either that or it was a cr&p idea :banghead:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Great thread and don't worry about the reply thing, a lot of people won't have even thought about how they're getting there :D If this helps one person it's worth it.

I'm coming from West Wales but I'll be packed:drive: But I'm happy to pick people up from Bridgend train station if it's needed, on the Tue I usually take a loads down to the station to get home.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm more than happy to give a lift as I've room for one extra.

However, I'll be going down with my son on the Thursday afternoon and stopping off here http://www.rockseast.org.uk/ for the night just to make an easier trip of it. Plus I wanted to check it out as it's a 100 acre woodland and they allow campfires on designated pitches so long as you purchase logs from them at £2.50 per bag :)

If anyone is interested I can pick up from either Watford Junction station or St Albans.

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
I'm coming from West Wales but I'll be packed:drive: But I'm happy to pick people up from Bridgend train station if it's needed, on the Tue I usually take a loads down to the station to get home.

What time would you be "passing by" Bridgend station to pick up some train travelling people? We will arrive on different trains but some sort of appointment could be organised.
Thanks for your offer, Tony. I know one way or the other a solution will be found for everyone.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'll not be passing :D I come in missing it and I'll be there setting up before it starts. So, what's probably best is for people to say, and someone to compile a list of times and we'll see if we can get a few on board if I come to pick up people.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'd love to make it to the Moot but don't have transport. If anyone is travelling down from Scotland, Northumberland, Cumbria, or Yorkshire and fancies diverting to Durham to pick me up, I'll happily split fuel costs 50/50. I'll also go along with whatever start and finish times are already planned. I'd only have one large rucksack and a box with some woodworking tools.

Fingers crossed,

Eric

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Come on, someone give Eric a lift :D Be great to get you there mate :)

I'll ask the pilot politely to set out a route to Durham before flying to Cardiff, when I get on board in Amsterdam ;)

Then they think I'm a :bandit: who wants to :swordfigh them and nick the plane, they get :eek: call the :cop: who get very :cussing: They decide it's not up to them and the :BlueTeamE are flown in, which makes me :yikes: when they start :AR15firin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE