Bushcraft type shops & places near Heidelberg, Germany??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
I'm off to Germany all next week for a spot of business - I'll be in sankt leon-rot, near Heidelberg and flying into Stuttgart. Does anyone have any suggestions of places/shops on route or in the area that would be worth a visit? :D

I can only stay in the hotel for so long without losing it.. :eek:

Saskia

Mar 2, 2006
The Netherlands
My experience with German outdoor shops is that they are professional and complete. I've lived in Freiburg im Breisgau (a bit more to the south) and i've found 4 or 5 outdoor shops there.
In Stuttgart should be a lot of stores, because it's a large city. For Heidelberg, I don't know.
I don't know any interesting places around there. Stuttgart is near the 'Schwarzwald' (Black forest) which is a nice hilly area to hike, but this isn't nearby Heidelberg.
Good luck and have fun.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
There is a German outdoors forum and a similar question was asked recently:
http://forum.outdoorseiten.net/viewtopic.php?t=12680&highlight=heidelberg

" besteigst du den Heiligenberg und machst ein paar schöne Bilder vom Schloss. Bummeln durch die Altstadt und besuch des Schlosses, vielleicht der Uni. In der Altstadt gibt es einige geile kleine Kneipen mit vielen verschiedenen Bierarten sowie Lokale mit guten (&teuren) Cocktails. Witzig ist natürlich auch das Japanerzählen in der Innenstadt"
"Climb the Heiligenberg and get a few good photos of the castle. Wander through the oldtown, and visit the castle, perhaps the university. In the oldtown there are some great pubs with many different types of beer (&expensive) cocktails.
It is amusing to count the Japanese in the city centre"

Closer to Heidelberg, between, say, Kaiserslautern and Karlsruhe is the 'Palatine Forest' (Pfälzerwald) (center = Pirmassens) which is less famous but more unspoild than the Black forest. A well kept German secret. It's part of the first transnational biosphere reserve, together with the "Vosges du Nord" in France. We found it very impressive when passing there last year

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
As for general things to do, Heidelberg is a lovely city (the old bits anyway) to just wander and get lost. Have fun.

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Go to any shooting/hunting shop, you will be amazed at what is on offer and the quality too. you will spend a fortune :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE