Bushcraft series from Greencraft (YouTube)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I think the recent series of short videos from Greencraft deserves a wider audience. Here's the latest as an example. It's well produced and shows a practical, non-Gucci set of kit for a bushcraft excursion.

(I've no association with Greencraft by the way, though I have met Neil - who is also a member on here - a few times).

See what you think:

[video=youtube;cRVEThNsJjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRVEThNsJjA[/video]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Subscribed. Love those smocks shame you guys stopped making them. Very enjoyable. Good soundtracks too!

Last edited:

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
These are great. I saw one on their Facebook page.

Neil showed my daughter and me the basic knife skills at our first moot. A great introductory session that taught us both things we still use today.

I will be subscribing to these.

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thanks for posting Dave. The feedback so far has been excellent from everyone who has seen them.
Malley - I remember that well. I hope you & the family are keeping well.
There will be more videos to follow, most things have been done before, so we are looking for things we do slightly differently.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye.. another well put together foraging & cooking demo :)

Nettle saag aloo.. sure looked tasty :p

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Good video, really enjoyed them both. I have subscribed and I will be trying the aloo sag!
Lovely camp set up and really like the kitchen box. I fancy having a go at making one of those.
Also echo the comments on the smock. Looks really good please keep me posted if you do start making more.
All the best.
Russ

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thank you for the comments. The kitchen box is much admired (and copied to I think). The plain green smock isn't one I made - you can get them from Endicotts in Exeter (£25 I think - and brilliant for work).

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Thanks for the comments. The kitchen box is very cool and thanks for the heads up on the smock.
All the best.
Russ

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Off topic I know but I just took delivery of my smock from Endicotts and it's great. Thanks for the heads up and keep the videos coming.
All the best.
Russ

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Nice videos neil, very much enjoyed. if you don't mind me asking, I like the look of your tarp in "what to carry", very small. what's the brand and model?

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Thanks for posting Dave. The feedback so far has been excellent from everyone who has seen them.
Malley - I remember that well. I hope you & the family are keeping well.
There will be more videos to follow, most things have been done before, so we are looking for things we do slightly differently.

Are you at the moot this year Neil?

I seem to recall a cooking workshop being mentioned?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE