Bushcraft accidents research

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
A long discussion with a friend round a camp fire ended up with a discussion of accidents and our first aid kits. The discussion went on for a while and we both mentioned the items we didn't have in our FAK's based on what we thought were the accidents we might have. Eventually, as all such discussions should, we reached the point where we were entirely basing it all on conjecture and the words [Citation needed] were uttered.

So I've put together a small Survey of questions about accidents and their treatment when out bushcrafting.

Could you spare 2 minutes to fill in my Survey please? The questions are based around injuries you yourself have suffered, not those people with you may have sustained[1]. Please answer as honestly and accurately as you can.

Thank you all in advance

Julia

[1] With so many of us out together, reporting of injuries to people other than ourself, could result in the same incident being measured multiple times upsetting the data.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
I did not fill in questionnaire, do you carry a first aid kit on a day to day basis and how many people do you know who dont bother ?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I did not fill in questionnaire, do you carry a first aid kit on a day to day basis and how many people do you know who dont bother ?

Thank you for your feed back.

I carry a first aid kit in my handbag[1]. But the survey isn't about the everyday world, I am interested in when people are out in the woods/bush/etc...

Consider also, if I cut myself while shopping in Sainsbury's there is a first aid kit and trained first aiders that can offer assistance (or I could just buy some plasters). If I do so in the woods, I'm on my own.

Julia

[1] 30l backpack I carry with me everywhere and use as my handbag

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE