Budget - possibly some good news for Landy owners...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
This may be premature and it may be wrong, we'll have to wait for Wednesday's budget to be sure, but....

It may be that the vast majority of Land Rovers will miss getting hit from the chancellors planned hike on gas-guzzler tax. Apparently, the chancellor is planning on hitting those vehicles in tax band G (220g Co2 or higher) pretty hard. Reports on the BBC suggest a jump up to £400 a year road tax.

A brand new defender makes 280 g/co2.

But most Land Rovers are not taxed in the same class as cars. Up till now it hasnt made much difference, but it may be that this taxation classification, may save the bacon of Landy owners.

Most Land Rovers do not fall into band G. Apparently, only post 2001 Station Wagons are affected by the CO2 taxation system. All others, post March 2001, come under LGV status (therefore £170 rather than £215). Pre March 2001 they are all LGV and all £175.

Only post 2001 defender station wagons, discos and range rovers appear to be vulnerable, all other Land Rovers are classed as Light Goods Vehicles and are so not governed by the CO2 emissions regulations.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lurch said:
Double cab 4x4 pickups are also LGVs for road tax purposes.

Nice....that's my Warrior safe then......and more importantly means I won't have to put my prices up to my clients to make up the difference :rolleyes: Either way it won't be me paying for this latest act of greed, suprise suprise it's Joe Public paying up again! ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
bambodoggy said:
Nice....that's my Warrior safe then......and more importantly means I won't have to put my prices up to my clients to make up the difference :rolleyes: Either way it won't be me paying for this latest act of greed, suprise suprise it's Joe Public paying up again! ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :D
Yep, same with me Bam, if the government hit me like that, then those that need building work doing will pay extra for the work....

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Here's the upshot of todays budget for Land Rover Owners...

All Pre-2001 Series, 90, 110, 130 and Defender Land Rovers (county s/w, truck cabs, hard tops - all varieties)
These are classed as PLG (Private/Light Goods Vehicles) and currently pay £175 that will go up £5 per year for the next 3 years.
[Obviously Series Land Rovers that are tax exempt, are still tax exempt.]

Post 2006 Defender Station Wagons
These are in band G and will pay £300 this year and £400 next year.

Post 2001 Defender Station Wagons
These are in band F, so are going up £10 this year, and £5 per year for the next 2 years.

Post 2001 Defender Hard Tops and Truck Cabs
The Hard Top's and Truck Cabs are classed as LGV (Light Goods Vehicles) and currently pay £170 and will go up £5 per year over the next 3 years.

Discovery's and Rangies
Vehicles registered after 2001 are in band F, so are going up £10 this year, and £5 per year for the next 2 years.

Discovery's and Rangies
Vehicles registered after 2006 are in band G and will go up to £300 this year and £400 next year.

Discovery's and Rangies
Vehicles registered before 2001 will go up to £5 per year from thier current rate.

Freelanders
Vehicles registered after 2001 are band F, so are going up £10 this year, and £5 per year for the next 2 years.

There may be some freelanders and discos - hard tops - that are classed as light goods vehicles - not sure.

The ONLY vehicles that will be affected by the really big price jump £300 to £400, are those vehicles in band G (vehicles which make more than 225 g/CO2/k) registered AFTER March 2006. Any vehicle of any make or model, made before March 2006 is not in band G.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Mines a 3.5 V8 so that means £200 for a bit of FUEL :D :D :D

for the politically correct,' saving the planet people' It only does less than 2000 miles per annum.( I do 30,000 plus in a diesel car)

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
You'd all better save that spare £200 for the pay per mile road charging the government is going to be bringing in (despite the people that are opposed to it) ... £1.20 per mile is the figure being thrown around at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE