bow hunting in England????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
......well the option is that the urbanites come visiting your country peace while loaded for bear to take out rabbits. Not recommended really.

cheers,
M

This is an option for bow hunting? I fail to see the link.

Jun 28, 2014
NSW Australia
To be fair, many animals do not die instantly from firearms either. There are several classic aim points - on larger prey like deer, the "boiler room" shot (behind the shoulder taking both lungs and heart) - this cause death by asphyxiation since oxygen can either not be gathered or pumped or both. Derr with both lungs and heart taken can, and do, run for hundreds of yards.

Another point of aim is the "neck shot" severing the spine. This will shut down the creature instantly meaning it cannot run, but not necessarily equating to instrant death.

Brain shots on large prey are notoriously difficult and uncertain - often offering a greater chance of wounding without killing.

I personally do not believe that an effective bow shot causing an animal to "bleed out" is any more cruel than a heart shot meaning blood cannot be pumped. I don't want to bow hunt - I lack skill and inclination - but I am unconvinced that it is cruel per se.

You are quite correct BR. Anyone who 'thinks' (take note the use of the word think, because they all have obviously NEVER bowhunted) bowhunting is somehow 'cruel' is in fact an ignorant fool. I have seen animals I have hit, look around, as if to say 'what was that', go on their merry way, for 10-20 metres then simply sit down. Nothing 'cruel' about that. Arrows pass through game so quickly, that most of the time, the animal doesn't even know what happend.

It sems that the biggest 'mouths' are the ones with the least experience ON THE GROUND, when it comes to bowhunting.

Just cause you guys are in the U.K doesn't make real facts about bowhunting change. I'd suggest to anyone who doubts the validity of bowhunting, that they travel to countries where bowhunting is a legitiamte promoted past-time, and you may actually open your eyes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE