Boot Laces

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adbirdy

Oct 12, 2005
West Midlands
Can anybody help me to find a decent pair of boot laces for high leg leather boots?
I seem to be having trouble finding a round pair, I have been able to find the thin flat type but they do not stand up to being tightly laced around the hooks on my boots and fray very easily.

Any sources (preferably UK) would be appreciated

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
I know you said round laces, but the standard Brithish Army boot laces which are flat are very strong, I have found to be perfect. I have been using a pair for my boots with hooks for literally years and they are still fine. They have a slight stretch to them which make them extra grippy. They are amongst the only laces that are strong enough for me. I used to get through loads of laces until I discovered these.

I'm talking about the laces for old style hi-leg DMS combat boots.

I think www.silvermans.co.uk still sell them.
If you must have round ones, then I'd go for thin climbing cord as mentioned above or decent paracord, but that can fray a bit after a while. Failing that, any decent make of hiking boots will make spares for which you'll need to track down a supplier.

Julian.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
550 paracord is the answer mate, i have been using this in my boots for ages and have never had one break.the other good thing is you could strip them and use for other things in an emergency.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I agree, paracord for boots works well, especially on speed lace sytems. Lace them, but not in two ties. Tie a knot at the bottom of one boot, and ladder them up. At the top, pull the cord tight, wrap it around your ankle, tie a quick knot, and you've got a very simple, very fast boot lace system. And as Gill says, you can use that paracord for other things, such as emergency shelter tie offs. I'm a huge fan of the modernized US black cordura jungle boots, they're an excellent summer time boot, and quite comfortable once broken in.

Cheers,

Adam

Burt

Jan 16, 2005
South Lincolnshire
If it's black round laces you want then I am sure you can get them from www.altberg.co.uk They don't do them online but supply them with all their boots; which some are high leg. I have found them to be very helpful. The laces are long, strong and have a little give in them. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE