Bitter me.......nooo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Ok looks less and less likely that i will make the moot at the weekend, however over breakfast i was reminded that the wilderness gathering isnt too far off and that maybe, bank account pending, we could go there instead.

Just wondered if many people will be going to both events and what the general concensus on the differences between the two.

At this point i am on the verge of packing my bag and hitching over to wales tomorrow, as i get the feeling this is a lot less formal and more friendly to boot, plus i have £20 in my paypal account so affordable too.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Not been to the WG yet, but wouldn't miss MM. People at work are beginning to get a bit narked at me walking round like a cheshire cat :D

If you can possibly make it then do, last year was a cracking weekend.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
The Wilderness Gathering is the Pro version of our meetups. The instructors from a number of Schools pitch up to do some demo's. Its an ideal opportunity for meeting the Schools and deciding who you'd like to do a course with. Its a commercial enterprise, so costs a bit more to get in, and has a number of trade stands selling goods.
Ours is more of a get together among friends, and promotes the free sharing of bushcraft knowledge among the members here. We have a number of experts among us who are willing to share there skills, aswell as a few instructors who kindly show up to demonstrate specific skills. Ours is non commercial, so no shops.
For me its great just to do what we like best. Being in the woods with a bunch of like minded folk, put some names to faces, and sit round the fire and natter.

Cheers
Rich

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Hmm definitely think i would prefer this weekend, sounds a lot less hassle and a lot more fun and learning to be had.

Tho i do wonder and the cheapskate in me forces the question
Are there bargains to be had at the commercial gathering ?

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Well looks like i wont make it, hoping there will be other meets when finances are a little more favourable.

for now i hope that those who are there now take a moment to think of us who arent as fortunate :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE