Bison Bushcraft course; The Bushcraftsman

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Bison bushcraft, The bushcraftsman.

Having participated in several bushcraft courses before I always enjoyed the aspect of making things the most, I decided to book a course with Roger Harrington at Bison Bushcraft called The bushcraftsman.

So I paid the deposit and patiently waited for the info to arrive in the door. It arrived with all the directions, kits lists etc. So I got my kit together and set off on Friday lunchtime to arrive at 6pm.

Roger met us in the car park of a petrol station which was really easy to find, a quick intro and handshake and away we went into the woods, we had a quick brew under the communal parachute before setting up our shelters for the night. Then we had a chat under
the parachute before bedtime.

The first thing that struck me about the course was how relaxed it was, the next thing was the knowledge of Roger and JP. They were friendly and patient which is important when it comes to teaching me!

Saturday arrived and we got stuck into a talk on safety and had a look and some different types of axes and knives etc, Roger makes some really beautiful and functional knives, all within the bushcraft ethos of being friendly to the environment. Roger sources all the kit he can from the British Isles.

After that we were shown how to fell a tree with a saw, Roger was keen to show us which tree to fell for the benefit of the trees around it which I thought showed true professionalism.

The rest of the weekend was spent being shown how to use different cutting tools, learning the properties of different woods and making lots of cool stuff, like benches, stools, saw frames, spoons etc

Anyone who enjoys working hard and having something at the end to show for it (you are encouraged to take your stuff home with you) and anyone who likes top class instruction should book this course, as I said it is hard work but really worth it!

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
I went on the same course last year and it was truly a great experience. Glad you enjoyed it. All I want now is a similar woodland to retreat too!!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE