Bird Warm Case.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, its the opposite of "Cold Case".

I had given up on the "cold case" photos feeling I was "weird" , but was delighted to find the threads starting again (Thanks Jon) although I was screaming "Sparrowhawk" at my Blackberry on the farm this weekend - but Steve had already answered it).

So for a change of pace, I thought I would offer this

[Lloyd Grossman Voice]

Whose home is this?

4611907115_eec8c95ebb_o.jpg

Only an exact answer will do here:)

I have more piccs if you struggle. The home is about 7" long and 6' from the floor in an old elder I was about to fell. I left it as I love the occupant

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hey Red, I loved your cold case stuff, it's educational and brilliant. I keep my camera with me now so I can get more pics of the stuff I see. I have another for mid week.

Right, back to warm-case.

Is it a Dormouse house?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm glad there are two such people out there fascinated by the things around them.

Now...ordinary dormouse....edible dormouse...or.......???

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
right.. i need a clue or two... what kind of area was it in? large forest? near large amount of open land (fields or something)?
is is a migratory bird or does it overwinter here?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its on the small holding we are restoring. Small area of trees screening out cottage from the South winds. This bird is not exactly common but lives throughout the UK.

Would a picture of the egg help?

Red

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
definitely! in the nest? from that picture all i get is something that picks moss and stuff off the ground that is possibly white because of the feather which might not even be its own feather...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE