Bird id

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
5agy4uqe.jpg

Anyone I'd this please, spotted outside Buckingham palace

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Eh ? I openly acknowledge that you know your birds Tam, but do Indian runner ducks not walk upright like penguins ?

Looks like a ruddy duck, except it's missing the black overhead stripe :dunno:

M

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Eh ? I openly acknowledge that you know your birds Tam, but do Indian runner ducks not walk upright like penguins ?

Looks like a ruddy duck, except it's missing the black overhead stripe :dunno:

M

Aye, looking at the pic, the legs are the wrong colour, to be near folk as such, i surmise it to be some sort of other domesticated/hybrid.
(now i've said that, it'll turn out to be a first for the british isles,lol)

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Id go with some kind of duck hybrid, the lack of mottled feathers kinda makes me think that ......maybe a ruddy duck hybridised with a domesticated species. The black leg and beak makes me think Ruddy.

It does look a little like a fawn indian runner but Toddy is right its posture looks wrong.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry Scrubcutter, I'm not much up on ducks :eek:
I know Indian runner ducks though 'cos I worked Country comes to the City days for five years and the star of the show was Mark and his amazing sheep dog and duck display :D....and he used Indian runner ducks.

http://www.drakesofhazard.co.uk/

Ruddy ducks I know of because of a discussion among smallholder friends about how the ruddy ducks were interbreeding and causing problems.

I need to google ruddy shelducks :)

cheers,
Toddy

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Its a ruddy shelduck. Ruddy ducks are smaller and rarely walk on land, the DEFRA fatwa on them has nearly wiped them out - they're a US escapee that is hybridising with white headed ducks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE