BG Ultimate knife. straight from the horses mouth!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
the Bayley knife though fugly was a real knife by all acounts while the Gerber seems to fall apart in use from all accounts!

John this should 'read fall apart in use from some accounts'... Not every knife has fallen apart and an awful lot have been sold.

Journalism 101...

http://youtu.be/2-oR4K4sVR8
I think looking at this may show the knife even better....

It does... We could reasonably say that Knives sometimes have problems on release dispite the best efforts of the manufacturer.. For example the Spyderco bushcrafter and unstabilised handle material...:rolleyes:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50929&highlight=spyderco+bushcrafter

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I make baskets - p*ss poor ones as yet...but I am getting better :)

Unlike BG branded kit - the Bayley knife though fugly was a real knife by all acounts while the Gerber seems to fall apart in use from all accounts!

I bet it takes hours to make a basket! and yeah the bayley knife was clearly a beast, I thought it looked alright and even the serations looked functional!

I know Bear Grylls gets a hard time with the negative criticism and I'm sure the knife would be ok for light use but I think half of the crap said about him is well earned.

nigelbam

Apr 16, 2012
United Kingdom
My guess is he takes the Stephen King approach to marketing. He sells his name as an endorsement, does the bare minimum of marketing and then watches the dollars roll in.

Look at the number of terrible King films / TV series - yet few people would claim he was a bad author. But, once you stick your head out of the fox hole you are bound to get shot at.

I do know one thing, if I'm ever lost in the wilderness I'd be quite happy to have Bear with me, granted if given the choice I'd probably choose Kate Beckinsdale and just hope for the best :)

Nige

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE