BG needless killing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
In regards that everyone else on this thread has politeley given their take on the subject matter and you alone have been the only one to be rude and insulting. Without a single response having any real merit beyond your displeasure, you don't like it we get it but get over the fact some won't agree with you.
HAHA 10/10 for attempted s*** stur. good effort but I think its put too rest now! :-D

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Oh man this thread is going to be an 8 pager AT LEAST!
Why not write a letter of complaint to his production company instead?

Dear Bear's Production Company,

*I swear I don't watch your programme* but I'd still like to complain because, apparently, it's well annoying and I'm running out of things to be offended by.

*secretly watches it like ALL the time*

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
bow hunting wasn't banned per-say it just had such a small following they weren't part of the consultation and therefore didn't get a say.

Bow hunting was specifically banned along with the use of a crossbow.

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
yeah I imagine It got silly a will back, no point trying to revive it when you have some *person* like that is
intent on a argument, also corsa ive noticed you play the same part whenever a disagreement kicks off on a thread.
interesting, like jabba the huts little side kick hang from the rafters lol
anyway one thing that did spin me out in that whole thing was "bat tennis"? what the hell is that?
I know better in future any thing todo with animal cruelty will insight the pro,s more than thos against,
and if your not 100% for it your a pale weakling vegan animal right activist lol. OH well worth a try.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Bow hunting was specifically banned along with the use of a crossbow.

It wasn't a bow hunting ban it was hunting control legislation - they wanted to ban all blood sports - those who had a decent lobby survived those that didn't were banned.

no doubt they will try it again.....

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
Oh man this thread is going to be an 8 pager AT LEAST!
Why not write a letter of complaint to his production company instead?

Dear Bear's Production Company,

*I swear I don't watch your programme* but I'd still like to complain because, apparently, it's well annoying and I'm running out of things to be offended by.

*secretly watches it like ALL the time*
is that an impression of what the frog looked like at the moment of its demise :-D

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
It wasn't a bow hunting ban it was hunting control legislation - they wanted to ban all blood sports - those who had a decent lobby survived those that didn't were banned.

no doubt they will try it again.....
This is just out of interest so don't get your knickers in a twist.
if that's the case why are you looking at a whacking fine if your caught hunting with a bow or cross bow.
Is it not part of common law now?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
yeah I imagine It got silly a will back, no point trying to revive it when you have some *person* like that is
intent on a argument, also corsa ive noticed you play the same part whenever a disagreement kicks off on a thread.

you stalking me?

pretty use this is the first thread we've shared, and frankly with your literacy skills it will likely be the last

This is just out of interest so don't get your knickers in a twist.
if that's the case why are you looking at a whacking fine if your caught hunting with a bow or cross bow.
Is it not part of common law now?

I didn't say it wasn't against the law. The point was noone set out to specifically ban bow hunting, it was just a casualty of the climate of control at the time. There was no consultation and no scientific data to back up the argument using a bow inflicts more suffering than a rifle there just wasn't a bow hunting community to protest.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
It wasn't part of a hunting control conspiracy.

I think that bow hunting should be permitted except it would bring legislation nearer to archery than I would like with things like competence checking and the need to show access to suitable areas for shooting that we are free of at the moment, perhaps even safe storage requirements. In Scotland having to join a club would be brought in and garden practice banned. All this once the bow is recognised as a killing weapon instead of an item of sporting equipment.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
It wasn't part of a hunting control conspiracy.

I think that bow hunting should be permitted except it would bring legislation nearer to archery than I would like with things like competence checking and the need to show access to suitable areas for shooting that we are free of at the moment, perhaps even safe storage requirements. In Scotland having to join a club would be brought in and garden practice banned. All this once the bow is recognised as a killing weapon instead of an item of sporting equipment.

laws never go backwards anyway damage has been done

and all legislation is about restriction and control whether you believe it or not...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Forty pounds of crab per person, my respect if you can stuff that much crabmeat down your throats or don't you eat the white and brown meat in thebody? Never had a stuffed fish, does an ordinary fish not supply enough calories? Do you mean that such a crab is not worth catching to satisfy the expanded waistlines? Our fishermen find a ready market both locally and in France for their crabs. Spider crabs are also tasty. http://www.shellfishcornwall.org.uk/

Nowhere near 40 pounds of meat on a dozen Blue crabs. The live crab probably weighs about a half pound maybe three quarters of a pound tops. Take away the shell weight (more than half the total weight and again take away the gills (nobody eats them) your left with about a pound and a half to two pounds of real edible meat.

On the other hand we DO absolutely everything on a Softshell Crab (a crab, usually a large Blue crab that's harvested right after shedding its old shell and before the new one hardens) In this case the entire live crab is battered with cornmeal and fried, then eaten shell and all.

The French will eat everything, even snails. They and their quisine generally don't impress me.

I still like Blue Crabs as do most of the old time locals along the East and Gulf Coasts. But on the whole, the real market now is for either Alaska King Crab or Snow Crab. I'm sure that will shift again to whatever the "next big thing" is at some point.

As for the "expanded waistlines" that was the normal serving even way back durinf the depression in the 1930 when money and waitlines were both tight.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
....Never had a stuffed fish, does an ordinary fish not supply enough calories?....

Enough calories? Maybe. Probably. But tase is something altogether different. There's nothing like stuffed flounder ( especially smothered in a mild cheese sauce) You've never eaten it? You have my sympathy.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
No, you have mine if the cheese used is the tasteless stuff used all over the West Coast. Cod cutlets grilled with grated cheddar on top is good as are various combinations of fish, shrimp and scallops. If you visit Cornwall I will buy you our version of a crab feast, The Shed on Event Square, Falmouth is probably the best at the moment.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No, you have mine if the cheese used is the tasteless stuff used all over the West Coast. Cod cutlets grilled with grated cheddar on top is good as are various combinations of fish, shrimp and scallops. If you visit Cornwall I will buy you our version of a crab feast, The Shed on Event Square, Falmouth is probably the best at the moment.

Not sure just what cheese you had while here. Was it real cheese or the sliced, packaged "cheese food" that goes on most burgers? I'll agree that's not the best stuff in the world.

And if i ever do make it back there I'll take you up on that offer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE