Best tree Identification field guide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi There,

Can anyone suggest a good field guide for identifing trees in Britain and Ireland in particular.

I am looking for somthing that clearly shows them in both summer and winter glory as well not being to technical to start with.

It would be an added bonus if it had some discribtion of there traditional use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks Ed,

It does to cover allot everything I need I just to find one. I will check with the book stores here in Dublin and keep an eye out as you send on the net.

Thanks again.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks Jamie,

Thats just the ticket.

I will be checking out the earlier thread as well but I wanted to have some to put in the bag or pocket as I can't print off material here in work.

Mr Phillips appears to have allot of other interesting guides I will check out as well.

Again many Thanks

James

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i have collins field guide TREES britain and europe by Alan Mitchell, i purchased it just befor christmas so i would presume it is still in print. i would say it is a very comprehansive(sp) book of the 35 native trees of britian and many hundreds of other from around the world.

T

Tumper

Can anyone suggest a good field guide for identifing trees in Britain and Ireland in particular

I just happen to have a spare copy of the pocket collins guide in hardback...it's still the small size 'tho. If you are still looking, give me a PM, and I'll be happy to send to you...Please let me know either way, as I'm sure thier are others who may want it also.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE