Best rocket stove? Ezy Stove or similar?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lossandspider

Dec 2, 2013
Bristol
Hi all

As the title says. What do you think is the best rocket stove? As I've already got a range of gas stoves, it needs to be (fairly) cheap, portable, tough etc. I like the idea of using wood to boil water and cook rather than gas... I like the look of the Ezy stove, but don't like the name! Does anyone have an opinion on this or other rocket stoves?

Cheers.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Make one! Loads of stainless steel containers in Ikea, charity shops etc., really simple thing to knock up...................Or think about a woodgas stove, properly known as a TLUD, more compact and lighter than rocket stoves.

Hit "Zen Stoves" into your search engine, great stuff there. Hope this helps..........................

lossandspider

Dec 2, 2013
Bristol
Interesting page, thank you. Will have to have a think about making one next time I'm in the shed. Might be time to buy a welder too, as that would be cheaper than a stove! :lmao:

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I like a woodgas stove for portability. I use an Eco tec rocket stove for car camping and garden use had it for four years now and is just about due for retirement, I have looked at the Ezy stove as a replacement, but am unsure. Have you had a look at wildstoves.co.uk they have a few examples of stoves. There are some interesting woodgas type stoves and rocket stoves on ebay. I have several on my ebay watch list. Good luck with your quest for a new stove and or in the making of one. :)

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Thanks, I'll take a look at Wildstoves. Ah yes, the eBay watch list! They only ever grow...! How did you find the eco tec?
These look reasonable if I don't manage to make one: http://canoepaddler.me.uk/Products.php

The Eco tec I have is lined with a firebrick type liner. It developed a hair line crack with in about a week of use, but its had no impact on its performance until the last month or so, bits of firebrick are starting to crumble away now, and where the flames have licked round the outside of the feeding hole its starting to rust. I use it all year round and its been great, but I will probably try something else next time.

Thanks for the link they have some good products there and accessories for the kelly kettle too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE