Berghaus Munro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
As per the title. Anyone with recent experience of one of these critters, mostly is the harness big enough for those with a fine pair of shoulders, built for comfort instead of speed and not a scrawny, racing snake streak of you know what type?

Cheers.

NLW

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Never heard of anyone having an issue. They are popular with the forces who wear them over Osprey body armour and fighting rig.

Could your shape be described as armoured?

Reactions: nolightweight

MrGrumpy

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 15, 2022
Uk
I'm a larger version of the species and in the past found the shoulder straps(padded area) to be too short.
Well made pack and as stated popular amongst the troops.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've still got a Munro and, while the pack bit of it is good 'n' serviceable, the padded part of the shoulder straps is a bit short. It works but it's not great.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The straps on the munro are short and close together.

They aren't nearly as popular anymore with the forces due to them not fitting well over osprey or virtus. Something like the camelbak motherload or 5.11 rush is much better now.

The centrino is also better than the munro for anyone "larger".

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
As per the title. Anyone with recent experience of one of these critters, mostly is the harness big enough for those with a fine pair of shoulders, built for comfort instead of speed and not a scrawny, racing snake streak of you know what type?

Cheers.

NLW
Is this code for “I get all my clothes from Jacamo!”

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Its an interesting point how much kit is made for thin folk. I like Montane but with a 46 inch chest their clothes are simply too small for me, similarly rucksack straps.
Its nit just us, a caving friend of mine observed that as most cavers are middle aged with a bit of a tummy its odd that nobody makes an oversuit to fit them.
I suspect its to do with the body facist skinny types being seen as the epitome of all thats good, but we are also customers with cash to spend.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Right then, an update.

Took myself up to Kit Monkey to try one on for size and look at alternatives. Tried a Karrimor Sabre 30 previous and didn't like. Anyroadup. Best advice is ring before you go, I didn't. However the gent was happy enough and luckily had one available. I'm 5'11" and under 17stone so wouldn't call myself too big (not all of me anyway). Fitted me fine (Munro that is) so have come away with one. Not overly generous in the shoulder but tried it over the bulkiest top I'm likely to wear under it and not going to be overloading it, brew kit, waterproofs etc only. Wouldn't have wanted it any smaller but has enough adjustment for me. No affiliation to Kit Monkey at all. Happy days....

Cheers.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Where is Kit monkey please Neil? Is it a big shop?

Not a big shop at all, but as 90% of his trade is online I guess it doesn't need to be. Not everything is on display. Had to ask to see one but that wasn't a problem, but I should have phoned first to be certain they had one. I'm Notts/Derbyshire border so nearest place for me.

Reactions: FerlasDave

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track

Not a big shop at all, but as 90% of his trade is online I guess it doesn't need to be. Not everything is on display. Had to ask to see one but that wasn't a problem, but I should have phoned first to be certain they had one. I'm Notts/Derbyshire border so nearest place for me.

Awesome. Thanks for that, I’ll have a look. If I’m ever up that way I’ll have to pop in.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Looks good, wish they would bring them back. Some of the modern stuff actually aggravates my back. The old crusader and probably the scorpion were simple but lightweight.

I have a Munro from 1988 onwards, lasted over 20 years of solid daily use.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE