beeswax waterproofing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Lots of hobby bee keepers in this district. Some very successful, some fighting Colony Collapse Disorder.
Often in the summer markets, I can buy lovely bee'swax candles which appear to be
sheets of foundation, rolled up around a wick.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

LukeR

May 9, 2020
Glasgow
Never heard of a beekeeper throwing wax away, that's insanity! Cheers for all the recipes, I'm planning on using some of our wax to make up some waxed canvas pouches later.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I didn't realise there were a few beekeepers on the forum, maybe we should start a thread 'what beekeeping related stuff did you do recently' I'm not on any bee forums, I find they're an acquired taste. You never know it might encourage a few other people to keep bees as it is quite an amazing hobby.

Did you create a new thread? It would be good to see what people here get up to with their bees. If not I can start one, probably in the Homestead section?

Reactions: Bazzworx

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Did you create a new thread? It would be good to see what people here get up to with their bees. If not I can start one, probably in the Homestead section?

No I haven't yet. I was going to have a look through my bees then start a thread with some pics but I've not been able to get to my apiary yet. I'm hoping to get there tomorrow. Please do start a thread and I'll contribute.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE